Anyone have success with HIIT training??

Options
Hey everyone,

I've heard one of the fastest ways to burn of fat and help build muscle is HIIT training on the treadmill/bike/etc. Anyone have any success stories with that? I think I'm gonna try it today on the treadmill and see how it goes! :)

Replies

• Febgirl
    Febgirl Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I downloaded a tabata app last week and have been using it in the gym this week - too early to say how results are going but it does burn an awful lot of calories according to my HRM! Anything that reduces the total time I have to spend on cardio is all good in my mind!
  • CMomma23
    CMomma23 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I'm doing TurboFire it's a GREAT program that incorporates HIIT and it's easy to do and I LOVE IT!
  • kismetgirl
    kismetgirl Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I cant say I have necessarily had success, but doing it and loving it. I set a program up on my treadmill, have definitely increased my speed since I started.
  • Rahul_ahuja
    Options
    I am also doing turbofire and its great will help you to loose weight quick if you follow the 5 day inferno program again and again thats what i am doing and im down 16 lbs in 26 days although they recommend to do it 5 days a weak and take 2 day rest however im doing 7 days a weak no rest plus atleast 35 mins of run everyday.
  • journeytocaitlin
    journeytocaitlin Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    What's Turbofire? I think I've heard of it before....
  • Abrasue
    Abrasue Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    The only cardio I do is about 20min of HIIT a day. I've had pretty great results from it!
  • r1ghtpath
    r1ghtpath Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    i am doing turbo fire ( along with p90x) and i am mainly doing the HIIT work outs that come with it. LOVE them!!!

in the past 4 weeks of doing turbo fire i'm down a total of like 18inches over all.

three days a week or more, i do doubles.
  • journeytocaitlin
    journeytocaitlin Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I looked up the DVDs....DAMN they're expensive! I'm not sure I'm willing to drop money on that. Haha. I'm working on the 30 Day Shred along with cardio at the gym....I think instead of doing 30 min. at the elliptical, I'll do a 20 min. HIIT on the treadmill and see how that goes!
  • Articeluvsmemphis
    Articeluvsmemphis Posts: 1,987 Member
    Options
    it's all good. I like HITT at home doing body weight training when I am short on time or feel lazy, and steady state cardio is good as well. and if you look on ebay you can maybe find a turbofire single HITT dvd for cheap
  • nopswd
    nopswd Posts: 12
    Options
    Read Body for Life by Bill Phillips. He invented HIIT training. IT TOTALLY WORKS!!!! The recumbant bike especially. But you really have to push yourself harder than you ever have before.
  • Shelby814
    Shelby814 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Yes, yes & yes. I do it on the treadmill, on the track & at the gym during strength training. I walk at 3.7-3.8mph for 1-2 min, then jog at 5.0-5.5mph for 1-2 min. I go up & down like that for 30-60min, taking my heart rate up & down. If I'm on the track, I walk a lap, run a lap. If I'm just going to walk, I will walk 2-3 laps then stop & do 40 jumping jacks before doing the next 2-3 laps & repeat. During strength training I do the same thing. I do 40 jumping jacks or 15 burpees between sets. HIIT burns calories & fat quicker than steady state exercise. It has been very effective for me.
  • xraychick77
    xraychick77 Posts: 1,775 Member
    Options
    I looked up the DVDs....DAMN they're expensive! I'm not sure I'm willing to drop money on that. Haha. I'm working on the 30 Day Shred along with cardio at the gym....I think instead of doing 30 min. at the elliptical, I'll do a 20 min. HIIT on the treadmill and see how that goes!

you dont have to drop tons of money to do HIIT..you can do it at the gym on the treadmill or bikes. heck you can even doing it outside on a track.
  • garlic7girl
    garlic7girl Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    YES!!!!!!! I am talking about not just wt loss but if you want to have a greater VO2 maxx and skill and grow in stamina....do it! Plus get a lot of bang for your buck...shorter workout with max results.
  • atjays
    atjays Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    Most of my exercise falls under "HIIT" . Granted you're not going to build muscle without lifting weights, but it will help burn fat and tone what you have. I personally really like the Sprint 8 feature on the treadmills for a good 20 min cardio workout. There are many other options too.
  • r1ghtpath
    Options
    i was going to link to the website!! i did HIIT with body for life 10 years ago, only i did walking/ jogging. it was great!!
    Read Body for Life by Bill Phillips. He invented HIIT training. IT TOTALLY WORKS!!!! The recumbant bike especially. But you really have to push yourself harder than you ever have before.
  • r1ghtpath
    Options
    look up body for life cardio on google. they spell it out for you.
  • jamszy
    jamszy Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Without HIIT, I would still have a lot of work to do. I incorporate it into every workout - bike, running sprints, elliptical. Just work as hard as you can for a short time increment such as 30s - 1m, rest for same amount of time, and keep repeating. It's all about getting that heart rate up, then recovering quickly. Good luck to you!
  • jac2lyn
    Options
    I was doing turbo fire at one point. Might restart it but that incorporates HIIT training and I really like it. I feel great after I do it!
  • onequirkygirl
    onequirkygirl Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Yes, yes, short and sweet :) I've done TurboFire and they really work for me. Decided to switch to a more strength-oriented program. After doing them, I actually did have a significantly increased heartrate the rest of the day. Might have been coincidence.... or psychosomatic, but who cares as long as you're burning calories? :)

I like them when I'm short on time and usually burn 200 calories at least. Remember, if you're using a heart rate monitor, you wont neccessarily see the claimed "nine times the fat" burn right then and there--actually, you definitely wont! It's because it keeps heartrate elevated throughout the day. But because I'm more of a sprinter, not a distance person....I don't do them as much so I can work on improving my endurance long-term.

tf_image_graph.png
  • DorisR184
    DorisR184 Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    Absolutely! Insanity is HIIT training and I lost countless inches (and weight) doing it :smile:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!