Low carbs and constipation

Options
Not to go into too much detail about it, I've been trying to cut carbs, but I've had issues with lack of dietary fibre. Is there any way around this?

Replies

• CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    Try adding some FiberSure to your water. I've also been told aloe vera pills help, and Smooth Move tea. Also avocado, broccoli, endive, spinach and collard greens are some veggies that are low carb, high fiber.
  • PaleoPath4Lyfe
    PaleoPath4Lyfe Posts: 3,161 Member
    Options
    Eat more fat and drink more water. Make some good old fashioned hot tea and sip.

Adding fibre when your already constipated will most likely make you more constipated.
  • wendyapple
    wendyapple Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    fruits have lots of fiber, apples, pears, and raspberries are amazingly high in fiber. peas, lentils, and broccoli are great sources of fiber too. i take a chewable fiber wafer which you can get generic at cvs or other pharmacies. drink drink drink water water water, and possibly a magnesium supplement before bed might help.
  • schavarry
    Options
    Prunes. Not only do they fix the bm problem, they fill you up faster so when you're eating something less healthy you will feel full quicker and eat less! One serving is 5-7 prunes (depending on size/brand) for 100 calories. I know a lot of people hate the taste or texture but if you can get past it, it helps a lot!
  • Anisima
    Options
    My cousin with similar problems told me that he found on http://constipationtreatments.info/ the help for his problems.I heard the tips from here are very goo to combat constipation problems.
    I hope this helps.
  • mugsisme
    mugsisme Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    increase your fiber. Eat more vegetables and for sure increase your liquid intake. All the fiber in the world is worthless if there is no moisture to push it all through.
  • kcragg
    kcragg Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Porridge in the morning works for me!