For all you with IPhones

Options
There's an app on the IPhone called "workout" by Diglapp. It gives you ab, leg, butt, arm and cardio workouts that you can do at home. You can select how long you want the workouts to be. It has a timer to tell you when to switch exercises and shows you how to do each one. You can select which workout to do or you can do the whole cycle. Check it out!

Replies

• debwaid
    debwaid Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    Oh wow, thanks for sharing!!
  • Anyaaaa11
    Anyaaaa11 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing(: I'm always looking for apps like that and can never seem to find
    A good one. So I'll have to check this one out!
  • slwunder
    Options
    Download Nike Training Club--it's free and has over 60 workouts for different levels. You do not need a gym for this and the more you do it, you'll unlock bonus workouts.

Keep in mind, it will take a while to download!
  • YassSpartan
    YassSpartan Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    I can't find it :/
  • froeschli
    froeschli Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    Download Nike Training Club--it's free and has over 60 workouts for different levels. You do not need a gym for this and the more you do it, you'll unlock bonus workouts.

yeah, the ntc does take a while to download.
    I have to confess i have it, but haven't used it in uhm, almost a year. that's where good intentions will take you.

I use RunKeeper though. It logs running and walking (cycling, hiking, etc). At the end of the workout, it will show you a map of your route, a breakdown on how fast you went throughout, calories burned, average speed etc.
    it has a coaching feature which will give you audio cues for interval training (c25k for example), this by distance or by time. it also has a feature where you can set what speed you want to be running at. I haven't explored the entire app, but i think it is definitely worthwhile if you are thinking of starting out running.
    Just a reminder though - any gps driven app will be more accurate if you turn wifi off.
  • slwunder
    Options

yeah, the ntc does take a while to download.
    I have to confess i have it, but haven't used it in uhm, almost a year. that's where good intentions will take you.

I use RunKeeper though. It logs running and walking (cycling, hiking, etc). At the end of the workout, it will show you a map of your route, a breakdown on how fast you went throughout, calories burned, average speed etc.
    it has a coaching feature which will give you audio cues for interval training (c25k for example), this by distance or by time. it also has a feature where you can set what speed you want to be running at. I haven't explored the entire app, but i think it is definitely worthwhile if you are thinking of starting out running.
    Just a reminder though - any gps driven app will be more accurate if you turn wifi off.

I had it for a while before I used it, too! Beginner level will humble you, that's for sure. I also have Runkeeper, but I just use that mostly for walking as I also have a C25K app. But if you're outside, your wifi would be off anyway. Any time I'm away from my house, my phone is on 3G. However, definitely make sure your phone is charge to almost 100% before using.

Oh, and another FREE app is Fleetly Fitness--you can compete against other members. I don't do that, but they have tons of workouts in there. I think people plug them in, but they do have P90X, 30 Day Shred, Crossfit, and lots more!

Yeah, I'm kind of an app *kitten*! lol

Forgot to post this--if you want to take up running, get chased by Zombies while doing so!

http://www.npr.org/2012/02/19/147008041/the-new-running-game-where-zombies-chase-you
  • froeschli
    Options
    I had it for a while before I used it, too! Beginner level will humble you, that's for sure. I also have Runkeeper, but I just use that mostly for walking as I also have a C25K app. But if you're outside, your wifi would be off anyway. Any time I'm away from my house, my phone is on 3G. However, definitely make sure your phone is charge to almost 100% before using.

Oh, and another FREE app is Fleetly Fitness--you can compete against other members. I don't do that, but they have tons of workouts in there. I think people plug them in, but they do have P90X, 30 Day Shred, Crossfit, and lots more!

Forgot to post this--if you want to take up running, get chased by Zombies while doing so!

http://www.npr.org/2012/02/19/147008041/the-new-running-game-where-zombies-chase-you

The phone trying to find a wifi signal still throws off the gps - it is also why it is using so much battery. Try switching it off before you go out ;)

I'll have a look at fleetly though :)
  • Dan112358
    Dan112358 Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    Search the app 6 pack promise as well. It's an 8 week abdominal regime that includes a meal plan & grocery list, all for the grand total of $0!
  • Switty_Kitty
    Switty_Kitty Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the suggestions!
  • JAllen32
    JAllen32 Posts: 991 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys!!
  • slwunder
    Options

The phone trying to find a wifi signal still throws off the gps - it is also why it is using so much battery. Try switching it off before you go out ;)

I'll have a look at fleetly though :)

I have my phone set up not to join other networks--Is that the same or are you saying have that off AND turn off Wi-Fi? I'm not trying to argue, just curious cuz I'm all about saving the battery life also! :smile:
  • froeschli
    Options
    not sure 100%, mine doesn't join, but it will detect other networks.
    i just know when i turn wifi off completely, it uses about 10% instead of 50% per run, even if listening to music, and it is way more accurate. if wifi is on, i lose the gps signal for minutes at a time, and have to recharge the battery as soon as i get home...
    in the forum about the app, the recommended solution was to turn wifi off.
  • froeschli
    Options
    does anyone use the nike running app?
    with the shoe sensor?
    is the sensor worth getting?
  • Tulipgirl1223
    Tulipgirl1223 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I used the shoe sensor, I loved it!!! I had it on my iPod touch, than I got a new iPod touch and for some reason it wasn't on there, and I couldn't find the app. I couldn't even tell you where my sensor is now LOL. We just got iPhones a few weeks ago that came with the Nike app, and dang it I wish I knew where my sensor was. Guess I'm gonna have to get a new one.

Thanks for all these great suggestions
  • yeremeyeva
    Options
    It's all in your settings. Depending on what you have it set as it will either ask you to join other networks or not :)
  • stef_e_b
    stef_e_b Posts: 593
    Options
    I have gym boss, its a little interval timer and its pretty useful.
  • slwunder
    Options
    Yeah, I don't have mine set to join other networks. I charge my phone every night and do my workouts mid morning, so I'm never less than 70% after I've done outside workouts. I've gone on a 7 mile hike and by the end of it, I still had some battery life.

Anyway, carry on iPhone users! :)
  • therealangd
    therealangd Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    I've started using gainfitness.com and the iphone app.

It works with runkeeper.

It's a pretty cool app so far.
  • karenhs2
    karenhs2 Posts: 197
    Options
    Just got an iPhone so bumping to keep up with the great suggestions. Really nice having the mobile MFP though I wouldn't want just that.
  • tmfpartyof4
    tmfpartyof4 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    bump! great suggestions. :)