Nutrition facts - boxed cake mix?

Options
Do the nutrition facts on a box of cake mix include the other ingredients you add or is it just for the mix? I'd assume it's just for the mix but I'm not sure and I don't want to add extra stuff for calories, etc if I don't have to!!

Replies

• squared16
    Options
    bump! also curious
  • iqnas
    iqnas Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    Most of the time, they have 'mix' calories, and 'prepared' calories. If they don't have these two written, I'd assume that the calories were for the prepared cake.
    Hope this helps!
  • Brunner26_2
    Brunner26_2 Posts: 1,152
    Options
    Most of the time, they have 'mix' calories, and 'prepared' calories. If they don't have these two written, I'd assume that the calories were for the prepared cake.
    Hope this helps!

I'd go the opposite way and assume the facts are for just the mix if it doesn't specify. At least you'd be overestimating the calories instead of underestimating.
  • AnninStPaul
    AnninStPaul Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    Hope this helps!

I'd go the opposite way and assume the facts are for just the mix if it doesn't specify. At least you'd be overestimating the calories instead of underestimating.

I would also assume the facts are just for the mix.
  • w2bab
    w2bab Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    The mix alone is usually in the 160 or so calorie range, where prepared is usually around 280.
  • schavarry
    Options
    Thanks!!