"Sometimes I wish you were my lady"

Options
MissVCI
MissVCI Posts: 277 Member
Mini rant alert!

So this guy I have been casually seeing recently sent me that txt "Sometimes I wish you were my lady" Mind you this was the first time I heard from him in over a week and I was the one who initiated the conversation.
I was so caught off guard by this comment and it puzzles me because if he wishes I was his lady, he has the ability to make me his lady. And all this behavior makes him seem like a commitment phobe so it's just so confusing, and on top of that, I now haven't heard from him in three days after that txt.

I wish I knew what was going on in his head. Chicks are supposed to be the confusing ones who play mind games!

Replies

• hexrei
    hexrei Posts: 163
    Options
    Sometimes he feels lonely and/or wishes for some sexin. If he wanted you to be his lady you'd probably have other indications.
  • HorrorChix89
    HorrorChix89 Posts: 1,229 Member
    Options
    Humans are confusing. Not just men or women. Maybe he's the type of guy that likes to drop one liners
  • HeidiRene
    HeidiRene Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    players know how to be charming enough to get what they want..."a player only loves you when he's playing"...we all want to believe we mean as much to them as they do to us but...
  • KateeBugg66
    Options
    Run girl! Run fast run far! Go & rent the movie, 'He's Just Not That Into You' with Drew Berrymore in it. I have to watch it a lot & it is a good message you single women.
  • MissVCI
    Options
    Run girl! Run fast run far! Go & rent the movie, 'He's Just Not That Into You' with Drew Berrymore in it. I have to watch it a lot & it is a good message you single women.

I love that movie, yes in the back of my head i know he is not that into me, but he's so damn sexy!!
  • 2Bgoddess
    2Bgoddess Posts: 1,096 Member
    Options
    sometimes...just not all the time. so, you can walk away until he mans up, lol, or you can call him out on the comment, and find out where does he see the two of you in 3 months?
  • Matt_Wild
    Matt_Wild Posts: 2,673 Member
    Options
    Maybe he's being honest. Because in the real world, people don't always fall headfirst into love. They've been hurt, they're not ready to date... there are loads of reasons. But no, some people think this must mean he's trying to mess you around..
  • Sorry, but this sounds like a booty call to me. In my 20's I dated a guy that sounds an awful lot like this...charming and sweet once a week or so....I realized I deserved better than that. You do too! Don't settle for a game player.
  • The_new_me_76
    The_new_me_76 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    i will never understand a mans brain , if onl,y they would say how they really feel instead ov acting like a big man !!!
  • HorrorChix89
    Options
    Maybe he's being honest. Because in the real world, people don't always fall headfirst into love. They've been hurt, they're not ready to date... there are loads of reasons. But no, some people think this must mean he's trying to mess you around..
    ^^this

And what's wrong with being a booty call? It's a lot less headache than dating imo. Then again I'm 22 so what do I know
  • SteveHunt113
    SteveHunt113 Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    i will never understand a mans brain , if onl,y they would say how they really feel instead ov acting like a big man !!!
    Maybe this will help: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AQ9L9YBJkk8
  • Darkskinned88
    Darkskinned88 Posts: 1,177 Member
    Options
    he's basically just tryna keep you as an open option just in case you might be moving on. As you said you havent spoke to him in a week hes just dangling a little hope out there just to see if thats enough to get what he wants without actually committing.
  • Matt_Wild
    Options

Yep, because women ALWAYS speak what they think :tongue:

Actually, no they don't and actually get upset you didn't read their minds :laugh:
  • MissVCI
    Options

Actually, no they don't and actually get upset you didn't read their minds :laugh:

Sad, but true :embarassed:

most of the time it because we don't want to come off as clingy, desperate, or irrational.
  • mice152
    mice152 Posts: 17 Member
    Options

This. Sexy or not, he's not worth the heartache. My ten cents.
  • Clever_Girl
    Options
    Men are simple. If he wanted to be with you he would make it happen...which obviously isn't happening.
  • HorrorChix89
    Options

Women don't know what they want, but will kill you if they don't get it
  • Matt_Wild
    Options
    :laugh: :bigsmile:
  • MissVCI
    Options

Women don't know what they want, but will kill you if they don't get it

sssh. now. I don't need the cops after me.
  • kikiwilkinson
    Options

I agree with this completely! I have been there, it never works out.

If he wants you, he would be there all the time!