P90X. Wow.

Options
I just finished day 3 of P90X. Needless to say I am in PAIN. Soooo sore. I am not injured, just incredibly sore.

Anyone have any advice? ice? heat? hot bath? what works best?

I don't want to quit but I was really feeling ab ripper x today since I was still sore from it 2 days ago! This is madness! Do I just keep working though this pain?Yikes! lol

Replies

• Liss416
    Liss416 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    No advice... I'm starting P90X on Monday... Just got it in today's mail... Are you following the meal plan too? What about Shakeology?
  • porffor
    porffor Posts: 1,212 Member
    Options
    I did day 1 P90X2 yesterday and ached today (core). I'm finishing up 30 day shred at the moment so did that today. This is my plan the next week really to ease into starting properly on P90X2.

with the 30 Day shred I hurt for 4 days but kept going, just warmed up / cooled down for longer and took ibuprofen for 3 days to help from the inside. I was ok just walked a bit odd for a few days (muscle twitching after sitting during lectures). lol

Hope it eases soon.
  • svanhoecke
    Options
    No advice... I'm starting P90X on Monday... Just got it in today's mail... Are you following the meal plan too? What about Shakeology?

Not getting Shakeology. I'm sure it's great stuff...but I don't have that kind of money to spend. I do drink protein drinks and count my calories though. I also plan on upping my calories by about 200 since the P90X nutritional guide suggests it.
  • beckieleigh23
    beckieleigh23 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I did p90x (re-doing it starting tomorrow) last year and I was in the same boat. Don't push yourself too hard. P90x works muscles that you aren't used to using so it's pretty rough for the first week or 2. I had a hate/love relationship with the burning soreness. It sucks but you know you're doing what you're supposed to do. I heard drinking cherry juice helps really well with muscle soreness so you might want to try that.

Keep it up though! I didn't complete it but it did work for the month and the half that I did it. I've tried everything and p90x was the best in giving me the results that I wanted. I actually recently bought p90x2 but it's way too hard and I'm out of shape again, lol.
  • thefuzz1290
    thefuzz1290 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Just rest and proper nutrition is about all you can do. Your body will get used to it in about a week or so.
  • mrosem87
    Options
    I'm on day 26 today! But I was just like you my first week. After the first couple of days, I could barely walk or move my arms because I was so sore. But the 2nd week was much better! You are probably just using up muscles that aren't accustomed to being worked that hard! Keep going and good luck!
  • svanhoecke
    Options
    thanks, everyone! Tomorrow is Yoga. I don't plan on giving up! :)
  • LilRedRooster
    LilRedRooster Posts: 1,421 Member
    Options
    It sucks, but keep going. Do LOTS of stretching in your spare time, if you can, because that will help your muscles relax, increase blood flow, and they won't be quite as sore. Icing and hot baths always help, too. I like my hot baths with wine, but that's just me.
  • kinsellae
    kinsellae Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Personally I think the first week is the hardest on your body. For the first few weeks I took protein recovery shots from walmart on days I did plyo. It really helped!
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    Eat a banana every day after your workout. (or half of one if you're low on cals). Also eat lots of protein. Yoga will stretch you out and next week wont be as bad. Keep going, its going to get easier :bigsmile: