Need some motivation/motivators!

Options
HI! :-) I'm Kayla, and I'm 22. I am new to myfitnesspal and it seems like a good way to keep myself on track, but I don't want this to end up being something I start but don't stick to. I would love to meet new people to help me stay motivated on this journey :-)

Replies

• ruffalicious
    ruffalicious Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    welcome girl! i am new as well. what is your goal? and what did u change so far? xoxo
  • davenportkayla
    Options
    Thank you! :-)

My goal is to trim off 15 pounds! What is your goal? So far I've just made a few changes in my diet to get me started. I'm in love with the calorie counter!
  • ruffalicious
    Options
    me too, im so inlove with the calorie tracker... i want to lose 30-38lbs to be 120lbs ;) i am eating healthy now, ate oatmeal in the morning and salad for lunch, i think ill eat salad again later tonight for dinner. i am going to cut back my chocolates and sodas. i am gonna do zumba at home also for maybe 30 mns ;) what did u change so far?
  • debster1967
    debster1967 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I am new to myfitnesspal as well. We can encourage and motivate each other if you want. I have 31 pounds to lose, but plan to eat this way for most of the rest of my life. I'm changing my lifestyle, not just dieting:smile: I still plan on indulging but making it only for special occasions. Until last summer I have not lost any real weight since I was your age. I have lost 54 pounds and it feels great. My best encouragement to give you today is maintain your weight now, when it is easier. Don't wait til you are 40, because it gets much harder:smile:
  • tinker8ell79
    tinker8ell79 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm relatively new to the site as well. I have the tendency, to start something and then quit it. I've been trying to shed 30lbs for a while now but I find that I'm not staying motivated. Maybe we can help each other out. Good luck!
  • davenportkayla
    Options
    Good for you girl! :-) I'm weaning myself off of soda right now, that's where I was the absolute worst. I've gone 6 days without a single drop! I've been eating pretty healthy as well, slowly but surely I plan to completely convert my diet to completely good foods! I love to run, so I've been running and doing a bunch of ab crunches :-)
  • ruffalicious
    Options
    Good for you girl! :-) I'm weaning myself off of soda right now, that's where I was the absolute worst. I've gone 6 days without a single drop! I've been eating pretty healthy as well, slowly but surely I plan to completely convert my diet to completely good foods! I love to run, so I've been running and doing a bunch of ab crunches :-)

im not ready for ab crunches and stuff like that. right now i run in the treadmill, do the stationary bike and do zumba at home.. ;)) i m still struggling with my chocolate addictions :(
  • RodgersGirl12
    Options
    i love that we have the same weight loss kayla!!! i just hope i can stick with this, ahhh lol
  • rosemariecoburn
    Options
    hi I'm 59 and I just started this journey. I walk 3x daily for 12-15 mintues and I have lost 4 pounds. IBefore I started I was always tried and needed to nap in the afternoon. Today I feel great and no naps. I have so much more energy. Keeping track has help me to relize the calories in what I eat. I discovered a med. banana is a 105 calories now I don't think I can eat aanother one. God is my back up He does help.
  • davenportkayla
    Options
    Welcome! I am new to myfitnesspal as well. We can encourage and motivate each other if you want. I have 31 pounds to lose, but plan to eat this way for most of the rest of my life. I'm changing my lifestyle, not just dieting:smile: I still plan on indulging but making it only for special occasions. Until last summer I have not lost any real weight since I was your age. I have lost 54 pounds and it feels great. My best encouragement to give you today is maintain your weight now, when it is easier. Don't wait til you are 40, because it gets much harder:smile:

I would love all of the encouragement and motivation that I can get! I too, want to transition to a healthier lifestyle and I'm looking forward to working hard to get myself there! Thank you for the advice :-)
  • davenportkayla
    Options
    I'm relatively new to the site as well. I have the tendency, to start something and then quit it. I've been trying to shed 30lbs for a while now but I find that I'm not staying motivated. Maybe we can help each other out. Good luck!

Thank you! I am absolutely happy to help others stay motivated! Good Luck to you too! :-)
  • davenportkayla
    Options
    i love that we have the same weight loss kayla!!! i just hope i can stick with this, ahhh lol

We will do it together! :-)
  • davenportkayla
    Options

im not ready for ab crunches and stuff like that. right now i run in the treadmill, do the stationary bike and do zumba at home.. ;)) i m still struggling with my chocolate addictions :(

I would really love to try Zumba! What about trying to drink chocolate milk instead? I did that for a while and now I don't crave m&m's like I used to!
  • davenportkayla
    Options
    hi I'm 59 and I just started this journey. I walk 3x daily for 12-15 mintues and I have lost 4 pounds. IBefore I started I was always tried and needed to nap in the afternoon. Today I feel great and no naps. I have so much more energy. Keeping track has help me to relize the calories in what I eat. I discovered a med. banana is a 105 calories now I don't think I can eat aanother one. God is my back up He does help.

Congrats on the weight loss! It's crazy to finally realize how many calories are in things we snack on and eat on a daily basis. God is the ultimate motivator. I agree completely!
  • jcriscuolo
    jcriscuolo Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    The calorie counter is addictive and it is so enlightening. I am really surprized at what certain foods cost in calories. This tool really keeps me from snacking the way I used to.
  • davenportkayla
    Options
    The calorie counter is addictive and it is so enlightening. I am really surprized at what certain foods cost in calories. This tool really keeps me from snacking the way I used to.

I agree! It keeps my eyes open as to what foods I am eating and their specific calorie count. In the two days that I have been using this site, I have cut way back on snacking and I am so incredibly happy!
  • Brandy_Owen
    Options
    I too am new to this site....its hard for me just because im a picky eater and I am a big meat and startch(pasta/potatoes) eater. I unfourtantaly haven't stuck to my calories but 1 day :( and I would love to lose about 80 lbs
  • HollyAus
    HollyAus Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Hi! Im 23 with three kids and am trying to lose 15 more pounds. Ive lost 15 already? Wahoo! I really need some friends who will help keep me accountable to my exercise. There are a lot of groups on here too. And challenges like the 100 mile march ( 100 miles covered in the month of march ). I would love to have more friends. Feel free, anyone, to add me
  • davenportkayla
    Options
    I too am new to this site....its hard for me just because im a picky eater and I am a big meat and startch(pasta/potatoes) eater. I unfourtantaly haven't stuck to my calories but 1 day :( and I would love to lose about 80 lbs

I am really big into pasta too and I love my steak! For foods like that I am just simply trying to use proportion control and try not to over indulge if I haven't had a great workout that day. You can do it! Just keep shooting at your calorie goal and I bet you'll lose that weight in no time! :-)
  • davenportkayla
    Options
    Hi! Im 23 with three kids and am trying to lose 15 more pounds. Ive lost 15 already? Wahoo! I really need some friends who will help keep me accountable to my exercise. There are a lot of groups on here too. And challenges like the 100 mile march ( 100 miles covered in the month of march ). I would love to have more friends. Feel free, anyone, to add me

Congratulations on the first 15!! :-) Thank you for mentioning the challenges they have on here! I will definitely need to browse the site and find some challenges to keep me going!