Help with Calorie Intake

Options
I have heard from many on MFP that I am eating way too below my allotted calories. Which is probably true because I am not a big eater but in twenty days of consistent exercise and healthy eating, I have only lost 1 lb. Today, I have tried to up my intake by going to my favorite restaurant for a late lunch/high tea. Can someone look at my diary for the day and tell me how much calories should I aim to eat for the rest of the day? I eat until midnight so that is not a problem. My exercise count came from zumba wii which I hear is reasonably accurate. But I don't know how I can eat back 523 calories from my exercise? Or even if I should? Thanks!

Replies

• Chrisgarcia1287
    Options
    You said your eating ends until Midnight. What time do you go to bed? Personally you shouldn't eat 2-3 hours before bed. Maybe have a little snack with protein, but nothing too big.

Depending on how often and how rigorous your working out will determine how much you should intake. For example: I used to eat 3000 calories a day from my workouts out and was still able to cut weight and fat %.

From just skimming through you diary, some days you're barely eating 1000 calories. Try and shoot for at least 1200. You don't want to undercut your body too much, it needs fuel to function.

Also. Under your settings. Try setting it as 55% carbs, 15% fat and 30% protein. Or do. 50% carbs, 20% Fat and 30% protein. I was able to lean up pretty well with a low fat intake. Taking in only healthy fats. Ie: almonds, avacado, fats from fish etc...
  • CMXL
    CMXL Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Thanks, Chris. Today, I have hit close to 1200!

I don't sleep before 1/2 am. I am planning to add protein supplements soon.
  • Anyaaaa11
    Anyaaaa11 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I don't know your stats but you should be eating well above 1200 to lose weight
    If you are that active. I was on a 1200 cal diet for about 2-3 months
    And only lost 5 lbs.. And gained it back because it was hard to maintain.
    If you like to eat I really encourage you to eat more. Once I upped my cals to maintenance
    Which is around 2000. I felt a lot better and I'm actually losing but slowly which is fine because I wasn't even
    Expecting to lose on maintanenece. maybe you should give it a shot. Probably not by increasing that much
    But I would encourage you to eat at 1500 cals. (:
    Good luck. It's worth a try right?