naughty days

Options
Anybody have them? I am having a rest day because I work out every day for 90 min. now I have the rest day and I have gone over my calories :cry: tomorrow is weigh in day too :frown: How can I stop myself in future from having these naughty days? It seems like I do the boredom eating instead of my previous comfort eating. When I work out I don't fancy food and just eat my required amounts.

Helen
http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/diary/HelenS70 77cals over :noway:

Replies

• rstarks54
    rstarks54 Posts: 163
    Options
    Don't think of it as a naughty day. Your body needs a day off occasionally to recuperate and recover. You really need to reprogram your thinking, instead of beating yourself up, look at what you've accomplished, where you are going, and find gratitude in the fact that you are on the right track. Extra water today might help tommorrow...Best to you always, you are worth it...Rick
  • Bulletproof_Helen
    Bulletproof_Helen Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Thanks Rick :happy: I think of it as naughty because I had a aero chocolate mouse for desert and I had a mars bar today and went over my total cals:frown: I know I shouldn't beat myself up about it because I do ask a lot from my body with the work out I do. Am drinking water now :drinker: Fingers crossed for tomorrow, I have a goal to meet :happy:
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    I don't consider them naughty days- I just consider them part of a lifestyle that I can live with. If my brain even gets a slight sense that I'm trying to deprive myself of anything, I will go into self-defeat mode, so I have what I want- within reason. :) Some days you're going to go over your cals. a little, some days you'll be under...it'll all round out.
  • Bulletproof_Helen
    Bulletproof_Helen Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Thanks BrendaLee, I think that was the confusing thing on my part, I am new to the whole calorie counting thing, only been doing it since 2nd May but am learning something new every day :happy:
  • Shanta1983
    Shanta1983 Posts: 1,228 Member
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh: I know I know I have been indulging all weekend, I gotta snap out of it lol.....you wining about 77 calories how bout anywhere between 100-400 calories over you could easily burned 77 calories
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options
    Go for a walk and it's all good