the ever popular carb questions ...

Options
how many grams of carbs do you eat on a general day (please specify with or without exercise)
i'm mainly asking women please!
i'm kind of all over the place with carbs, but it's hard because you can't really escape carbohydrates. It just makes me feel kind of bad when MFP says i overrate on them.
gahhhh help please!

Replies

• 3laine75
    3laine75 Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    i've changed the ratio in the goals section to 40%carbs 30%protein & 30%fat this gives me 130ish gramms of carbs to eat and i'm still not hitting it - i'm not getting red negatives in my protein column now though so it makes me feel like i'm doing a better job.
  • dport7
    dport7 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    My daily goal is 142, I try to stay 1 or 2 under. If they are good carbs your eating, don't worry to much, if they are from processed food, thats not good. Try to stay as close as you can to your daily goal.

hope that helps.

That is with exercise, 1 hour moderate to heavy.
  • wftiger
    wftiger Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    You don't "need" a certain amount. Protein is more of a "need" although both can be adjusted as needed. If you do not have diabetes and are not looking to restrict carbs then you shouldn't worry. If you are exercising a lot you might want to try to get at least 80 grams protein (20 g four times a day) to help with muscle building/repairing.
  • 3laine75
    3laine75 Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    try cauliflower 'rice' - just blast it in the food processor uncooked then microwave for a few minutes. also, shiritake or konjac noodles - they are made from yams and have only 6cals per 100g - the 'miracle' ones all the celebs are raving about are really expensive but are exactly the same as ones you find on Japanese food websites much cheaper.

these would really cut back your carb intake if you had them once or twice a week or mabey cut more stodgy carbs out of one meal - i usually just have salad or soup at lunch, no bread or pasta or anything like that.
  • theoriginaljayne
    theoriginaljayne Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    I have my macros set to 40/30/30. I typically eat between 100 and 150 grams of carbs a day – usually right smack in the middle.
  • nk17
    nk17 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    My goal is 90-100 grams a day, but I rarely hit it. (Today I'm at 81.) MFP adds more on for exercise, but I am still trying to hit my base amount. I have gotten used to eating things with little or no carbs and trying to bump them up is hard for me. It is also hard to eat as much as I should in a day, but I'm getting there.