When do I hit stop on my HRM?

Options
I've been waiting until my heart rate goes back to normal, but I'm not sure when I should really hit stop. What do you do?

Replies

• msiamjan
    msiamjan Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I hit stop when I finish my workout.
  • SammyKatt
    SammyKatt Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    I hit stop as soon as I'm done with my workout and my stretching.
  • Rayman79
    Rayman79 Posts: 2,009 Member
    Options
    Mine varies a little, but generally when my HR goes back down to 110 or so (during my cool down/stretching), i'll turn it off. I generally workout for about the same time each day though, so I like to stop it on an hour so I can compare my burn to previous days.
  • dport7
    dport7 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I hit stop when I finish my workout.

Me too!
  • SteveHunt113
    SteveHunt113 Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    I hit stop when I stop breathing hard. I shower when I get home, so generally it's when I get to my car to drive home.
  • victoria4321
    victoria4321 Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    I hit mine when I finish my workout. I only don't wait for my heart rate to drop because I use the clock on it to time my runs.
  • dport7
    dport7 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I try to pause it , just before I pass out.
  • hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options

LOL!

I stop it when I get to my car. By then my heart rate is down around 110 or so.
  • JaimeBrown5
    Options

LOL!

I stop it when I get to my car. By then my heart rate is down around 110 or so.

Your heart rate is still that high when you get to the car? Do you just go straight from hard workout to the parking lot? No changing your clothes etc? I'm down to 110 by the time I leave the stretching mats and hit the changeroom.