tap, distilled, filtered, bottled?

Options

Replies

• bcampbell54
    bcampbell54 Posts: 932 Member
    Options
    Tap, or Brita (pitcher or individual bottle).
    Local water has a bit too much magnesium flavor, but it will do
  • SammyPacks
    SammyPacks Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    Filtered tap. :)
  • islandjumper
    islandjumper Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I have a britta jug, but if I'm on the go I'll drink tap
  • sunshine421969
    sunshine421969 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    I have well water (which doesn't taste good at all) so my family and I use to buy bottled water.Well, a few months ago we bought a Brita picther and that takes the bad taste away.It came with two bottles to take where you may go.(NICE) it was only $25.00 and had 3 filters with it..We just bought one for our faucet,but haven't hooked it up yet. So I love the Brita picther and use my tap water..
  • Giraffe33991
    Giraffe33991 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Only bottled Spring Water for me. I live in SW FL & I'm on a well. Tastes like crap & City water is nasty too.

Best tap water I've had is from Bend. Oregon!
  • JenAiMarres
    JenAiMarres Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    I use purified water mostly...but I cycle it with distilled to really filter my system...i work for a water company and am a total water nerd!!!!
  • IvoryParchment
    IvoryParchment Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    The tap water here doesn't taste that great. The city adds a chemical to raise the pH so it doesn't leach lead out of the pipes in the old houses around here. It gives it a faint bitter taste. A lot of restaurants add a slice of lemon to offset that.
  • spaceys
    Options
    I just went here http://www.bestplaces.net/find/

Typed in my ZIP Code, clicked on Search. Then on the next page clicked on Health.

Says my water quality is 37 out of 100!
  • kaotika
    Options
    Our tap is horrible :( So i stick to arrowhead water. Though I am considering a Britta too.
  • samcee
    samcee Posts: 307
    Options
    I use to drink bottled but its too much hassle carrying them back home so switched to filtered now.
  • curlyteetee
    curlyteetee Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I drink distilled, it doesn't feel you up so you can actually drink more!
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    tap. sorry but I am not going to spend money on water when it comes right out of the sink. lol. That just seems silly to me.
  • mukamom
    mukamom Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I live in Virginia, and we have well water. As far as taste it is incredible. So fresh tasting and nothing has compared to it....The mineral are hard on the hair though!

^^^This...We live in Alabama, and are on a well and use a Brita pitcher, though the water out of the tap tastes just fine..to me.(DH and son like it filtered...). Have to watch for lime buildup in washer, dishwasher, shower, toilet..but I've had well water for so long now, city water tastes nasty!
  • Mythel
    Mythel Posts: 72
    Options
    I've got the brita filter on my sink, it has saved me SOOOO much money! and my animals love it, Floride is very dangerous for them =(

I refuse to drink tap water cause of the floride

Brita filters (or any charcoal filter for that matter) does not remove flouride.
  • Hernandeak11
    Hernandeak11 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Filtered when I'm at my parent's house for the weekend (the best!), and I settle for tap at my apartment at school
  • JamieDD
    JamieDD Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Bottled water here...I drink Safeways Refreshe brand. We have well water and it's as hard as rocks. We do have a water softner, but it's still tastes bad....:sick:
  • fiberartist219
    fiberartist219 Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    I am a filtered girl through and through! I think bottles are a waste, and tap varies so much from one location to the next. Filtered is tasty, somewhat consistent, and environmentally friendly.
  • JmeJinxx
    JmeJinxx Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    At home I drink either from the tap or from the brita pitcher (which hasn't had a filter change in too long..). At work I refill a bottle with fountain water all the time. As long as the water is cold, it's delicious to me.
  • Katie0174
    Katie0174 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Tap. It tastes good and my city has really good water quality apparently, scores 100% on whatever testing they do. I find it annoying when people constantly buy bottled water instead of filters, if they must - it's so bad for the environment :(
  • 1blueeyedbear
    1blueeyedbear Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    tap. sorry but I am not going to spend money on water when it comes right out of the sink. lol. That just seems silly to me.

I'm with you why pay for it when a lot of the bottled water is just tap water anyway.