Pre-log or Post-log?

Options
Do you plan out your day and log the food before you eat it? Or do you Log after the food has passed your lips?

Replies

• Brandie1029
    Brandie1029 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I usually try and pre-log so I know where i have some wiggle room for some treats.:smile:
  • therealangd
    therealangd Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    I usually pre-log my first 4 meals. Dinner and my night snack I usually post log.
  • Chagama
    Chagama Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Pre, even if it's only a few minutes as I'm deciding what to eat. That way I can see the impact of what I'm thinking of eating and make a good decision.
  • foremant86
    foremant86 Posts: 1,115 Member
    Options
    little bit of both. sometimes i pre log stuff just to get an idea of my calories for the day and other times i wait til i actually eat something to log it.
  • treetop57
    treetop57 Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    95% post 5% pre.
  • nlehmann
    nlehmann Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Pre log all the main meals, then log exercise to see that I have to play with to add on or take off from the day.
  • DKev
    DKev Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Depends. Both really. I tend to log my breakfast and lunch as I eat them but generally know early in the day what I'll be fixing for dinner so I'll go ahead and log that in and tweak it at meal time if need be.
  • luvnthenewme
    luvnthenewme Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I usually pre-log, and then make changes during the day if necessary. Pre-logging gives me a good idea of where I want to be for the day. Plus, it eliminates the chance of me making rushed food choices which usually turn out really bad for me!
  • wellingfamily507
    wellingfamily507 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I find if I pre log, I stick with my plans better, I already have logged it, laid it out, and it's ready for when I want it.
  • jhardenbergh
    jhardenbergh Posts: 1,035 Member
    Options
    during the week every meal is planned with exception of dinner, I will log it once I know what we are having. On the weekends I log as I eat since it changes from time to time
  • maryellen8301
    maryellen8301 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    week days prelog. i can take my lunch and all of my food, if i dont eat all of it then im still ok
    . weekends post log
  • spaceys
    Options
    Log after the food has passed your lips in general. Although today was the first day I did a little of both.
  • trixirn
    trixirn Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I pre log on the days I work cause I pack my meals and plus might get too busy to log while there. On days off, I log as I go.
  • Brunner26_2
    Brunner26_2 Posts: 1,152
    Options
    I pre-log my food and my exercise. It can backfire if for some reason you can't workout and you ate some of your workout calories already, but it's useful for fueling for a tough workout.
  • Janelle_Teaches
    Options
    I tend to make a recipe of what I"m going to be making for dinner so I know how many calories it will be. .. I also have a 'recipe' built in for what I usually eat in the morning and lunch...so when I'm ready to log I just go to my recipes :).

So I guess I post log after doing all the hard searching and calculating! :)
  • myfriendamy
    myfriendamy Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I prelog as much as possible. it makes me feel more in control... and I can see how my day looks (for sodium, fat, etc) and tweak it if I need to. I'm still learning though, I think. and right now this works for me :)
  • Amy911Gray
    Amy911Gray Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    pre-log everything but dinner during the week. Log as I go on the weekend. it seems to be working great. Also I get 2x the exercise at least one weekend day and during the week I hit my goal dead on.

It's working!
  • dalgal26
    dalgal26 Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    pre-log :drinker:
  • doodlebug21
    doodlebug21 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    :smile: It depends....if I know I am going to go out or someone is planning to bring a treat to the office, I pre-log as best I can. That way I don't get to far off track. On a typical day, I post-log. However, on a typical day I usually choose from one or two routine breakfast choices and same for lunch so I have a pretty good idea of how many calories I am consuming.
  • gvaliot
    Options
    My work week breakfast is has very little variety, so I log it Sunday night for the whole week and then make adjustments as needed. I had been post logging lunch, but we have an open cafeteria, so I am going to start pre logging that to help make better decisions. Logging after makes me realize I'm eating too much, but it's too late!! I post log dinner, since I'm eating with my four year old and pretty similar portions (too make up for lunch!). :) Weekend breakfast and lunch are also with him, but I eat a little more than I do at dinner, but usually post as I prepare the meal or right after.
    I also post log slip ups/snacks with guilt.