I'm at the beggining of a journey to lose weight!

Options
Hi everyone!

I'm the new guy here! :tongue: Like the title of the topic says, I decided to take the first step in the long (at least for me) road to lose weight before that weight end up killing me like it did to my mom almost 2 years ago. I know that it won't be easy (I need to lose almost 100 pounds) and that's why I could use friend to encourage me and help me stay motivated (which is the hardest part for me) along the way.

I'm looking forward to meet you all and do the best I can to help too. :smile:

Replies

• ropey101
    ropey101 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Same boat mate... Joined 1/1/12 and have +100lbs to go although a bit older at 38. Stick with it and best of luck.
  • RockstarJB
    RockstarJB Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me! Don't forget you can do it just keep that motivation and keep on moving and you will be just fine :)
  • hollyberry2012
    Options
    We are going to do great! We have a new fun lifestyle change that is so exciting! I'm going to go all asian on that stove. I bought a wok and a bamboo steamer....My healthy food is gonna be pretty too.
  • BIGJIMMYU
    BIGJIMMYU Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    We all do great on this place together. I lost 42 lbs and then joined this site and lost a few more already! Add me if you want! Let's do this!
  • JessicaHoskins
    Options
    First off I want to say Welcome to Myfitnesspal. You're gonna like it here!
    Next, I've only been here myself @ a month & have to lose @ 144 pounds; sooo don't be so hard on yourself! It (your weight loss) could always be more like mine is. Please add me as a friend & then that way we can lose weight together & urge each other along the way; I would really like that. Feel free to read my profile, if you want.
    Most Sincerely,
    Jessica
    :flowerforyou:
  • TheresaC928
    Options
    I need to lose 100 as well. So far since the beginning of February till today I have lost 6 lbs! This site does not reflect that since I only found out about it last week. However, I have found that keeping a food diary and exercise diary has kept me accountable. I really think about the calories and nutrition I put in my body. I also drink lots of water. I am not on any diet plan and am a 40 yr old Mom. It is rough for me but I am doing it for my health and to keep up with my 12 yr old. Good Luck and God Bless.
  • DinkyDini
    Options
    I have been on MFP for about 3 months now, and it's a great place for support! I need to lose almost 100lbs, and my mom also died young because she didn't take care of herself, and I inherited her genetics, and that is one of the big reasons why I decided to do this. We can do it! Feel free to add me! I'm a daily logger ;)
  • eyewonder2
    Options
    One step at a time is all we can do. Good luck on your journey and feel free to add me
  • 1momx3
    1momx3 Posts: 16
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I just started in January and am trying to lose 80 pounds. We can do this! Stay strong!
  • jennie77au
    Options
    Feel free to add me we could all use more friends on here! Especially us newbies! Well done to taking the first step!
  • strbryt
    strbryt Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    Anyone feel free to add me. Remember that nothing can stand in the weigh of weighloss unless you let it. Also nothing tastes as good as skinny feels.
  • EQHanks
    EQHanks Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Good luck with your journey!! :)
  • Tiberiansam
    Options
    Thanks to everyone for your kind words! I really appreciate it! :smile:
  • KELLYJO38
    KELLYJO38 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm new too. I just started on the 20th. I have lost 4 lbs so far!!! I have cut out all sodas and junk and I already feel soooo much better. I have a lot to lose-like 110 lbs total! That number sounds so depressing, but I am determined. I AM going to do it!
  • anna_love
    Options
    ADD ME IF U LIKE TO BE MY FRIEND :)