Haven't lost in 2 weeks - anyone want to peek at my diary?

Options
Title says it all...I've been the same weight for 2 weeks and according to the scale today, I'm actually up a 1/2 lb, but I'm not going to record it till tomorrow, just in case it goes back down. Frustrated!

Replies

• lin7604
    lin7604 Posts: 3,019 Member
    Options
    i don't see lots of veggies... i'm bad for that too.. and i see you under your goal quite often sometimes by a lot... maybe you just arn't eating enough in general?
  • WalkWoman
    WalkWoman Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Me too. Started same time as you and have lost same and nos stuck. WTF?
  • castaliavt
    castaliavt Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I could probably up my veggies a bit more - had food poisoning a couple of weeks ago and am still not 100% from that. I do try to get in some with each meal.

I don't think eating more is going to help. I was gaining weight pretty steadily and tracking calories on sparkpeople - I was eating around 1700 and gaining. MFP recommended 1470 and I'm wondering if I should bump down to 1350 or something.
  • teamflatbelly
    teamflatbelly Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I see not that many veggies and a lot sugar
  • jmv42
    jmv42 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I'm having the same problem, I also don't know what else to do!
  • castaliavt
    Options
    I'm working on my chocolate habit. :-) aside from that, most of my sugar intake is milk and fruit. I don't drink soda and don't add sugar to my coffee, except for the occasional hazelnut latte and I have them make it 1/4 sweet (although I haven't figured out how to log that).
  • therealangd
    therealangd Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    Did you take measurements? Are your clothes feeling looser? Keep doing what you are doing. Sometimes you can go a couple of weeks and not lose anything.
  • lewandt
    lewandt Posts: 566
    Options
    Are you maintaining? or gaining?

Did you have a large loss right before that?

Your diary looks good to me and you seem to be exercising steady. So i would probably take a week and drop the calories a bit and see if that helps. Maybe your goal is set too high.
  • lewandt
    lewandt Posts: 566
    Options
    Sorry, one more thing.

Do you measure or weigh your food. Sometimes that can make a huge difference
  • greeneyedaries
    greeneyedaries Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Your snacks need to be more healthy,...Not enough balance in your meals. Apple with PB for a snack, nuts and yogurt, or maybe a proteins shake. For breakfast maybe some oat meal, a fruit, and skim milk. lunch: 3 to 4 oz. protein, salad with lots veggie slice of whole grain bread. Some thing a long these food combos may help you..
    Really, you are getting to much sugar and sodium in the processed foods.....good luck
  • realme56
    realme56 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    I have no loss periods too. Don't let it discourage you. Your body is adjusting and will have periods when it appears stagnant but fit of clothing will suddenly feel different or you have more energy. Try 2-3 days netting your baseline calories and 1-2 days of being lower by 200-300, change up exercise. Stick too it cause it is better to eat well and lose slowly then eat crap and keep gaining!
  • wadesha
    wadesha Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Try eating more protein and cutting back on the carbs
  • Mom0fTwo
    Mom0fTwo Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    eat more, unless you didn't put the right macros for your body :) when you eat more you gain at first but as your body gets used to the increase the scale will start to go down it takes a little time...i hit a plateau for about a month and then decided to change my goal to 0.5lb/week because i had been exercising a lot and therefore a change in my daily activity. there was an increase in cals and i gained about 4 lbs, it sucked but i kept at it, in the last 2 weeks i have lost all the extra gain plus lost 2 lbs, so more does sometimes equal better.
  • hollyjo21
    Options
    Do you work out? I have found it very difficult to lose weight by simply watching what I eat, but by working out I have lost very fast!

5681182.png
  • bcr1559
    bcr1559 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I didn't see a lot of veggies but I did see you are over on sugar pretty regularly. Try to get a serving of veggies with every meal and also really watch your sugar intake. I have a hard time with both my sugar and sodium going over and both of those will pretty much stop and reverse weight loss for me! Good luck keeping to your goals. Add me as a friend if you would like another diary to look at for ideas!
  • castaliavt
    Options
    I am maintaining at the moment and no large losses, ever. Except the birth of my son almost 4 years ago... :-)

I weigh and/or measure my food, depending on what I'm eating. I'll weigh chicken, pasta, rice, etc. I weighed pb. I measure liquids. My recipes, I just eat the portion that I created in my recipe.

As far as veggies go - I do add a bunch of veggies in when I cook. When I make rice, I always chop up onion, leeks, garlic, celery and carrots and add it to the rice. Meatballs/meatloaf have grated veggies right in it. I try to get enough veggies in, but there's always room for improvement. My dinner tonight was vegetarian pra ram, but the only kind in the database was chicken, so that's what I logged in. We usually only eat out once a week.

No, clothes aren't feeling looser. Measurements haven't changed much at all.
  • abetterjune
    Options
    I know you said you didn't think eating more would help but maybe consider eating back your exercise calories. MFP is set up as a net calorie goal which means whatever calories you burn with exercise are meant to be eaten back.

You also would probably benefit from dropping your carbs to 50-75g while upping protein and healthy fats. That will most likelygive your metabolism a jump start.

Other than that, just stick with it.
  • bobbin1
    Options
    Add more protein. I was at a standstill until one of my friends here mentioned this. I try to eat all if not more protein then MFP recommend and I started to loss again.
  • nutandbutter
    Options
    Sorry, one more thing.

Do you measure or weigh your food. Sometimes that can make a huge difference

^ this. That's the only way to be accurate with your intake. There was an excellent thread about this a few weeks ago.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/494279-why-you-need-a-food-scale
  • hollyjo21
    Options
    Do you work out? I have found it very difficult to lose weight by simply watching what I eat, but by working out I have lost very fast!

5681182.png

Just looked at your diary and yes you work out, so I guess just give it time it will come off..