Scars

Options
Ok two years ago I had a lower body lift and surgeon recommended cocoa cream to be applied 1-2 times a day whenever I remembered. Been doing this for past year and a half and scar around my waist seems to have smoothened out quite well but am finding its not working as it did once.

Does anyone here know of anything else thats skin friendly besides cocoa butter for scars?

Thank you,

Replies

• Kymmu
    Kymmu Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    Vitamin E oil -pierce a capsule and squeeze it on.
    Bio oil , Rosehip oil, Your health food store will have natural products with lots of antioxidants in to sell you.
    Take supplements for skin, hair nails to help repair from the inside!
  • lilojoke
    lilojoke Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    Vitamin E oil -pierce a capsule and squeeze it on.
    Bio oil , Rosehip oil, Your health food store will have natural products with lots of antioxidants in to sell you.
    Take supplements for skin, hair nails to help repair from the inside!

Pierce a capsule and squeeze it on... You violent woman you!!!

I will do more research on this before my next appointment in May when I see surgeon for last time!
  • susanloveszumba
    Options
    mederma
  • alyson820
    alyson820 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    bio oil is fantastic for scars
  • lilojoke
    Options
    mederma

What is Mederma?
  • inmotioninmotion
    Options
    My Occupational Therapist uses Emu Oil. It's pricey, but it did wonders on my scar!
  • xraychick77
    xraychick77 Posts: 1,775 Member
    Options
    tattoos
  • susanloveszumba
    Options
    mederma

What is Mederma?

its a cream that is good for scars.....
    Mederma® is the #1 doctor- and pharmacist-recommended brand for scars. Mederma® is clinically proven to soften, smooth and reduce the appearance of scars. Mederma® improves the color, texture and overall appearance of old and new scars — from surgery, a burn, an injury, an accident or acne.
  • bethieannie
    bethieannie Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    massage therapy can help with scars. We learned about it in massage school, and I worked on the scar from my c-section. My scar is barely there, which is pretty good since they went in the same spot twice!
  • lilojoke
    Options
    Thank you all for your fabulous suggestions I will pick one and experiment and keep you all posted!

I go for massage therapy once a week for it among other things and it helps. CLA has helped too but wanting to get a little better results before I dish out $2000 which I may do anyways for the laser treatment.
  • lilojoke
    Options
    mederma

What is Mederma?

its a cream that is good for scars.....
    Mederma® is the #1 doctor- and pharmacist-recommended brand for scars. Mederma® is clinically proven to soften, smooth and reduce the appearance of scars. Mederma® improves the color, texture and overall appearance of old and new scars — from surgery, a burn, an injury, an accident or acne.

Can I buy this online?
  • Kymmu
    Kymmu Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    My Occupational Therapist uses Emu Oil. It's pricey, but it did wonders on my scar!

oh yes! This is excellent too.
  • lilojoke
    Options

oh yes! This is excellent too.

I have seen it here before at $65 per 6oz bottle I think LOL
  • issyfit
    issyfit Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    After my hip replacement I used Vitamin E oil--worked well, can hardly see my scar now.