Breakfast shake's ??

Options
Hi everyone ? :) i'm a mom of 3 kids and everyday in the mornings im in a hurry Monday to friday i take my Girl to school
around 8:15am and after that i drive 15mins to the GYM sometimes i dont EVEN have TIME '' to eat BREAKFAST ... 2months a go i bought some SLIMFAST SHAKES'

Cappuccino Delight Shake:heart: <---- yummy
&
French Vanilla Shake
but i would get and upset stomach:frown: every time i would drink one of theM soo I STOP DRINKING THEM .....
AND I REALLY WANA DRINK A SHAKE IN THE MORNINGS FOR BREAKFAST CUZ ITS EASYER FOR ME TO DRINK THEM
WHILE IM DRIVING OR AT HOME ....

SOO MY QUESTION IS DO U DRINK SHAKES ? WITCH ONES ARE GOOD ? I REALLY WANA BUY SOME OF BUT I JUST DONT KNOW WITCH ONES ARE GOOD !! ?? (((HUGS ))):flowerforyou:

Replies

• leelavic
    leelavic Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi - do you think you would have time to make your own shake in the am? In a blender? If so, have some recipes to share with you!
  • millikenhomeschool
    Options
    I buy Naturade Total Soy from Sam's club. Flavor is just ok. I mix it with a more expensive shake from a Herbalife retailer. THe mix is fine with skim milk and some frozen fruit to make a smoothie.
  • anna_love
    Options
    YES I THINK I CAN HAVE TIME TO MAKE SOME OF MY OWN .... SENCES SHAKE ARE FAST AND EASY
  • zafferFL
    zafferFL Posts: 402
    Options
    Hi everyone ? :) i'm a mom of 3 kids and everyday in the mornings im in a hurry Monday to friday i take my Girl to school
    around 8:15am and after that i drive 15mins to the GYM sometimes i dont EVEN have TIME '' to eat BREAKFAST ... 2months a go i bought some SLIMFAST SHAKES'

Cappuccino Delight Shake:heart: <---- yummy
    &
    French Vanilla Shake
    but i would get and upset stomach:frown: every time i would drink one of theM soo I STOP DRINKING THEM .....
    AND I REALLY WANA DRINK A SHAKE IN THE MORNINGS FOR BREAKFAST CUZ ITS EASYER FOR ME TO DRINK THEM
    WHILE IM DRIVING OR AT HOME ....

SOO MY QUESTION IS DO U DRINK SHAKES ? WITCH ONES ARE GOOD ? I REALLY WANA BUY SOME OF BUT I JUST DONT KNOW WITCH ONES ARE GOOD !! ?? (((HUGS ))):flowerforyou:

shakes can be rough on the stomach if it's already empty...you do get used to it though.
    When I still ate "breakfast" I would use my blender and add oats and a bit of fruit to the protein shake, water only, no milk. It's obviously more substantial and definitely helped with the stomach.
  • Mo_babee
    Mo_babee Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I get tummy aches from slim fast as well :-(

I now either make smoothies with 1 cup orange juice, 1 cup strawberries, 1/2 banana or I use carnation instant breakfast. They are both really good...
  • MinxCJS
    Options
    The best is packed with vitamins. It's from Metagenics. It's Ultra meal 360. I like vanilla. It's really good and you can have it twice a day. My nutritionalist supplies it for me, but I know you can buy it online. I've lost 37 lbs. If you get a tmmy ache try adding 1 Tablespoon of Endefen to it.
    Hope this helps....best of luck.
    Cathy
  • leelavic
    Options
    I add a scoop of protein (Isobolic - I am in Canada btw) to almond milk, with a tbls of ground flax seed and some fish oil... + a banana and a scoop of Greens+... if I have any fruit, toss it in. Sometimes, instead of the protein I'll put a spoonful of almond butter. Basically, one trip to a health/supplements store where I explained that I needed a QUICK high protein breakfast + fruit and almond milk. It works out to about 300 calories.

Other option, if you don't want to worry about protein powder etc:

Green Monster Smoothie

Any fruit you like, but an example:
    1 banana, roughly chopped
    4 or 5 strawberries
    1/2 cup fresh blueberries
    1 small peach, peeled and roughly chopped
    1 heaping cup (or more) fresh spinach leaves, thoroughly rinsed
    splash vanilla soy milk (or almond milk/water/real milk)
    1 tablespoon Greek yogurt
    2 teaspoons honey
    1/2 cup crushed ice

Place all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. Serve immediately.
    *this recipe makes a very large smoothie- two could easily share.

Other easy/quick breaky - boil eggs and grab and go!
    Good luck!
  • luckigrl
    Options
    I buy the EAS AdvantEdge ones. High in protein and low in carbs. I also buy the Adkins ones. They have more calories then the EAS and still only 1 or 2 carbs per serving. I am doing the Adkins pretty much and have lost 14 in 6 weeks. It took my body a good month to kick in that I would be eating more then 1 meal aday. I have a metabolism disorder and has taken me a few extra weeks to kick start it.
  • leelavic
    Options
    In response to above message - I have also tasted EAS (not a shake but a powder you add water etc to) and it is yummy too!
  • eyewonder2
    Options
    Hi! I've tried shakes before and I would have stuck to them but money was an issue. Go to dietdirect.com. There chocolate shakes are the best (my opinion). You can buy with or without aspartame. "WonderSlim meal replacement shakes110 calories."
  • xraychick77
    xraychick77 Posts: 1,775 Member
    Options
    dont know about slim fast..seems expensive.

my wife uses gold standar whey casein..she mixes fruits with soy milk in the powder and takes that with her to work..she says it keeps her full. and its cheaper than buying premade slim fasts..like a tub of that is 30 bucks or something..and makes like 50 shakes.
  • lucky_74
    Options
    That's my breakfast everyday. I love them!!! They are super convenient and if you buy a high quality one then you will be getting good nutrition in your body fast.
    I use the Visalus shake mix with almond milk and sometimes I'll blend it blueberries.
  • anna_love
    Options
    thank u so much im going to try to get make mysefl my own at home