ipod/ MP3 player at gym.

Options
Does anyone not blast music into their ears via an ipod/mp3 player.
My ipod recently got stolen, and I can't replace it, and find it difficult to push myself when I'm distracted by gym noises and surroundings.
So for any people who are able to work out without their own music, how do you do it? Any tips?

Replies

• Miss♥Ivi
    Options
    Dude I cannot work out without music in my ears lol I can't. I go nuts!

I have this:

1734_300.jpg

Creative Zen Vplus MP3 player. It's an 8gb. If you want, you can have it. It works fine and it can get you through until you're able to buy yourself an iPod. Let me know and we can meet up :smile:
  • SteveHunt113
    SteveHunt113 Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    I hate when I forget my music. I can't stand the music the blast at my gym ... I must be getting old!
  • zafferFL
    zafferFL Posts: 402
    Options
    I listen to loud high tempo music when conditioning

During weight training, I actually keep it a little lower tempo and mostly take the ear buds out during my set so that I can concentrate a little more on my breathing
  • thefuzz1290
    thefuzz1290 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Luckily I have 2 options. I workout at night, usually when no one is in the gym, and they have an ipod touch with pandora where I can easily change the station to what I want. Now if someone else is there I'll listen to pandora or my 23 days worth of music on my ipod touch.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Find a really cheap "knock off" MP3 player at Target or WalMart. At least you will be able to listen to "ripped" CDs & radio. Some players are only $20 or so. A SanDisk Sansa Clip run a little more (about $30) ..... I love this little player. All you need is Windows Media Player and you're set.
  • determinedbutlazy
    determinedbutlazy Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    Dude I cannot work out without music in my ears lol I can't. I go nuts!

I have this:

1734_300.jpg

Creative Zen Vplus MP3 player. It's an 8gb. If you want, you can have it. It works fine and it can get you through until you're able to buy yourself an iPod. Let me know and we can meet up :smile:

This is a really wonderful thing to do, you're awesome x
  • PinkEarthMama
    PinkEarthMama Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    Oh heck no... No music, no working out!
  • Miss♥Ivi
    Options
    This is a really wonderful thing to do, you're awesome x

If I can help, why not, right? :) Someone offered me theirs on here as well when I had mine stolen. Thought it was very sweet..so I'm paying it forward!
  • dwtouch4
    Options
    Do you have a cell phone? Most phones can act as a music player.
  • brandimacleod
    brandimacleod Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    I usually plug into the tv on the machine and listen to that. Nice, trash, reality tv can make you forget all about the misery of the elliptical. LOL! But I prefer my ipod.
  • amymeenieminymo
    amymeenieminymo Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    My gym has a little radio thingie on each treadmill and bike so you can plug headphones into it to listen to what's on the TV, or you can select a radio station. Does your gym have this (maybe you never noticed since you had your own).

Lately I have been reading on the treadmill and bike. I usually get so lost in my book that I don't pay any attention to what's going on around me.
  • islandjumper
    islandjumper Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I have a sansa sandisk 4GB i got for $30 on sale....you don't have to go with an iPod...just like the zen labs one person posted earlier...there are much cheaper options that give you more flexibility and do a whole lot more (I can listen to fm radio and do voice recordings on mine)
  • Enonoid
    Enonoid Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    When I first started in the gym, I was so pumped that music didn't matter. Now I can't go without the tunes.
  • Mmissy104
    Options
    Try ebay or craigslist for a cheap one. I bought an old school ipod (2nd gen) for 10$ =) I CAN NOT run without music. I use it to help time myself. Run during the verses jog during the chorus or vice versa. Sucks that it got stolen. Thats why I had to find a cheap one too. My car got broken into a while back and someone stole all kinds of stuff, my ipod being on of them. I couldnt afford to replace it so I bought the cheap used one. Best 10$ spent ever haha
  • jody664
    jody664 Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    I have a sansa sandisk 4GB i got for $30 on sale....you don't have to go with an iPod...just like the zen labs one person posted earlier...there are much cheaper options that give you more flexibility and do a whole lot more (I can listen to fm radio and do voice recordings on mine)

I just bought one of these specifically for working out. I love it.
  • woou
    woou Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    :laugh: like I can go without music.

Get a sansa clip, fuze, view, etc.... Great mp3 players, durable and affordable. You can get one used or refurb and save up for another ipod, if you want another one.
  • islandjumper
    islandjumper Posts: 369 Member
    Options

I just bought one of these specifically for working out. I love it.
    They're great aren't they! I had an older version (no fancy screen) and had it for about 5 years before I upgraded...still have it in fact! When I bought this one it lasted about 6 months then something went wrong...and the company replaced it for free :)
  • Articeluvsmemphis
    Articeluvsmemphis Posts: 1,987 Member
    Options
    lol. It took we a LONG time to realize that people used music at the gym. I thought it was funny seeing people so in the zone and aloft, and I liked just people watching while I worked out myself.

then I started listening to music and became one of them, lol

it's not hard, just do it. you don't need the music, find someone amusing to look at and think of a story about them. random I know

oh yeah forgot about the sansa clip player. I have had mines for FOREVER, like literally a long time, and I love it. a long time as in 4+ years, maybe longer. holds plenty music, was cheap, has a radio, it's small, so worth it