weigh yourself early in the morning?

Options
is is true that you can get your accurate weight if you weigh yourself early in the morning right after you wake up?

Replies

• Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    And after using the bathroom....yep!

Thats when I do it!

Once a month!
  • peachNpunkin
    peachNpunkin Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    Yep, right after you use the bathroom, before you eat, drink, or shower. It's considered your dry weight.
  • iuew
    iuew Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    i weigh first thing in the morning most days.
  • BarbWhite09
    BarbWhite09 Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    You should ALWAYS weigh yourself in the morning...! Kind of an obvious thing...
  • ruffalicious
    ruffalicious Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    i see! so whatever weight we get on whatever time of the day is inaccurate??
  • Tempe729
    Tempe729 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Same here. =)
  • atjays
    atjays Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    Yep, right after you use the bathroom, before you eat, drink, or shower. It's considered your dry weight.

Basically this, after the morning trip to the bathroom is theoretically when you should weigh the least, having had the longest period of time during sleeping to process everything.

If you want to see why, weigh yourself after each meal, after #2 and just random other times one day and you'll see how much you fluctuate in 24 hours, if you were good that day, you should be about back to what you started at the next morning, all things considered maybe a bit less :D
  • BarbWhite09
    BarbWhite09 Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options

If you weigh at night it will give you a way higher weight than it would first thing in the AM. If I weigh myself at night I'm normally up 4ish lbs from what I am in the morning
  • ruffalicious
    Options

Basically this, after the morning trip to the bathroom is theoretically when you should weigh the least, having had the longest period of time during sleeping to process everything.

If you want to see why, weigh yourself after each meal, after #2 and just random other times one day and you'll see how much you fluctuate in 24 hours, if you were good that day, you should be about back to what you started at the next morning, all
    things considered maybe a bit less :D

yep i asked because i tried randomly weighing myself and i got 3 different result 5lbs higher at the most!
  • ruffalicious
    Options

If you weigh at night it will give you a way higher weight than it would first thing in the AM. If I weigh myself at night I'm normally up 4ish lbs from what I am in the morning

cool, i am going to weigh myself every morning starting tomorrow to get the best result. i usually weigh myself just anytime i want to..
  • Dexy_
    Dexy_ Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    After you wake up & use the bathroom. Before shower or any food/drink. When you eat & drink it will make you temporarily heavier due to the weight of the food in your stomach.
  • sarahness
    sarahness Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    on the weekends I weigh myself when I get up in the morning after I go to the bathroom. Usually then I crawl back in bed for a couple hours. Well when I get up and weigh myself AGAIN I am usually less a couple hours later after I wake up. Its so weird!
  • mabug01
    mabug01 Posts: 1,273 Member
    Options
    I don't know if it's truer, but it definitely is the lowest weight of the day.
  • premiumchilenita
    premiumchilenita Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    I also find that if I have had a horrible night sleep i.e. 4hrs, I weigh a lot more than if I weigh myself when I have a decent sleep. Especially if I've had a heavy meal the day before. It's like I haven't given my body enough time to regenerate for the next day
  • shakybabe
    shakybabe Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    I don't always have BM first thing in morning when go to bathroom though only a wee, but I do weigh after that naked. If I haven't been for a few days I might take a pound off.

I got on today and put 4lbs on in 2 days! :noway: there's no way I've eaten 14,000 extra calories in the last 2 days, but the choc cravings and back pain tells me my TOTM must be coming earlier than expected... damn menopause! :embarassed:
  • SteveTries
    SteveTries Posts: 723 Member
    Options

Absolutely not.

It's always accurate. What you weigh is what you weigh.

For the comparative purposes of measuring weight loss you always want to measure under the same circumstances. E.g on rising, after toilet, on the same day of your weekly weight loss routine. This eliminates most variance.
  • creative1981
    creative1981 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I always do it when I first wake up (after using the loo!) because that's when it seems to be at its lowest ;)
  • stephaniethomas80
    stephaniethomas80 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    if you are tracking weight loss it is important to weigh yourself the same time of the day each time you do it
  • roguex_1979
    roguex_1979 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Always weight yourself on the same scales, at the same time of the day. I also make sure I always put my scales in the same place on the floor of my bathroom (just a little OCD there).

I have also found that Wednesday is my 'light' day.
  • ericgAU
    ericgAU Posts: 271
    Options
    I saw a personal trainer for 3 months very early each morning. Before seeing her, I would do my normal toilet trip then do a fairly intense work out. She would then weight me. So if you do your exercise in the morning, I would wait till after your workout to weight yourself.