PLAIN YOGURT.

Options
HOW DO YOU GUYS DO IT?! I JUST TRIED IT FOR THE FIRST TIME AND I DON'T LIKE IT AT ALL =[ BUT I KNOW ITS GOOD FOR YOU?

Replies

• Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    Mix it with fruit, granola, or put a little sugar in it.
  • chu604
    chu604 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Try adding in some fruit or honey
    Usually I buy the honey kind of greek yogurt it tastes great and is alot better for you than any of those
    other ones that have all the sugary gelatin at the bottom
  • vestarocks
    vestarocks Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    Add a drizzle of honey. and/or fruit.
  • glendeb
    glendeb Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I have it on my cereal, with a small amount of milk. Then I get he goodness, but its not too tart.
  • claresusan
    claresusan Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Try adding some toasted sesame, pumpkin or flax seeds with a dash of cinnamon - delish!!
  • xchinad0ll
    xchinad0ll Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah duh...I forgot the fruit part...sad part is I don't have any available right now (I'm working)..yikes.
  • addies_mom
    Options
    I mix Starbucks sugar-free vanilla syrup into mine. And the fat-free greek yogurt is my favorite, so much creamier!
  • nickyrobinson
    nickyrobinson Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Try the greek style yogurt instead of regular yogurt. It's much thicker and creamier. Also, don't buy the budget stuff if you can help it. you really get what you pay for, I've found.
  • nrvo
    nrvo Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    I mix mine with sugar free cherry jello powder - yummy and only 10 extra cals!
  • bcc112986
    bcc112986 Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    I put a tbsp of Welch's Natural Strawberry Jam in Stonyfield Organic French Vanilla yogurt. Yumminess.
  • wittlelacey
    wittlelacey Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Oh goodness, I feel you. I tried it not too long ago and it was terrible, even after adding almonds. It's just not for everyone! However, I am madly in love with oatmeal so hopefully that counts for something :)
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    It's not that exciting just on its own. But it's great when:

Mixed with cereal as an alternative to milk
    A blob of apple sauce or fruit compote stirred through it
    Used instead of mayo for tuna filling for sandwiches or baked potato
    Added to nuts and seeds with a sprinkle of cinnamon
    Go savoury with diced cucumber and tomatoes, fresh mint if available
  • airlily
    airlily Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I use sweetener and fruit with it for dessert, or butter, chives and salt for potatoes (it's a great stand-in for sour cream)! :D
  • xchinad0ll
    Options
    Oh goodness, I feel you. I tried it not too long ago and it was terrible, even after adding almonds. It's just not for everyone! However, I am madly in love with oatmeal so hopefully that counts for something :)

I LOVE oatmeal =] are you able to eat it without sugar? lol
  • xchinad0ll
    Options
    Try the greek style yogurt instead of regular yogurt. It's much thicker and creamier. Also, don't buy the budget stuff if you can help it. you really get what you pay for, I've found.

What's a good brand?
  • xchinad0ll
    Options
    Loving these ideas!! thank you so much didn't know you could do all this with Plain/Greek yogurt :)
  • frenchchip
    Options
    I smash on the Chobani yogurt at all times...definitely does the job.
  • addies_mom
    Options
    I like the Oikos Greek Yogurt. I live in Canada though, have no idea if they carry it elsewhere.
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    Fage 2% plain yogurt + 1 scoop vanilla whey protein powder + some chopped berries and a banana + 1 packet sugar = AWESOME. And 45g protein to boot.
  • MMarvelous
    MMarvelous Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    I like Fage 0% yogurt and I add Whole food 365 fruit spread. My sister adds honey to hers and her kids love it.