Dumped because I am too skinny wtf

Options
2»

Replies

• FatNurseSlim
    Options
    I normally hate giving advice but I will just say - both are not right for you. You need to find a shape/weight/ size that YOU are happy with and no one else, so if the men don't like it that's their loss better that than have a man and 0 confidence.

I dated a man ( boy) for a long time who destroyed my self esteem - he would not only comment on my weight but my looks , he would refer to people with my name as ' hot Sarah' or ' beautiful Sarah' in front of me where I was justb'sarah . I crash dieted by not eating much and caning the gym and became so thin my hip bones and ribs were visible to get his attention and he didn't even notice. I rode it out for almost 5 years and in the end, he cheated on my with a thinner prettier person!

Now I'm with my fiancé, who I met at my biggest. And he supported me last year when I lost 2 st and supported me when I piled it all back on again! Now I'm trying again he supports me - he tells me he loves me now and doesn't see why I need to diet but if it makes me happy that's fine.

I think you are better of without this guy. Iv always been of the opinion if a guy doesn't like your size/ look when he dumps you he should give a better reason than that!

Hope that's not too much of a ramble and from your picture you look great!
  • alibab36
    alibab36 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much everyone for all the lovely replies . I am in Ireland so just up out of bed . Had a great night sleep and I am a lot more positive this morning . I am only about 5 lbs lower than my pics so very accurate and in no way skinny lol . I have come to the conclusion this is his issue to deal with along with his other issues . My marriage broke down 2 years ago now and he was the first guy I let in emotionally and I suppose that is why it hurt . Thankfully never introduced to my 2 boys . He is good friends with my best friend and I know she has been doing her best to split us up which she succeeded in so they are welcome to each other even if he swears they are just friends .

I am new on here and don't track my food as at my goal weight for over a year now but find mfp great for keeping me on track and motivation . Also a great source of info for my workouts . I reached my ideal a year ago now and have come to the realisation I am happy for the first time in my life at this weight so he can go take a hike big time . I have plenty of guys who do tell me they find me attractive and I need to start going for the right man and not the controlling guys I seem to fall for . My male best friend also a ex but we remained good friends is into health and fitness in a major way a triathlete and he started roaring laughing when I told him wont say what he called him lol and said I am still as hot as ever to him lol . Just need to find a man with the same ideals and interests in life instead of the control freaks
  • imogenjade
    Options
    what an idiot. your a great weight. im 5ft2 and 119 pound. i dont look skinny at all so your boyfriend must be into fatties. or he might be thretened that your looking good and he feels insecure. go out , pamper yourself, get a new dress, show him what hes missing.xxx
  • andiechick
    andiechick Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    I have to say this guy sounds like a complete and utter *kitten*. I've had a look at your pics and you look gorgeous, fit and toned and best of all healthy. I am a girl with 'shape' (just unfortunately that shape is a bit fuzzy at the mo, lol) and i can see you too have a nice shape, not a skinny figure.

I say you're best off without him, get on with your life, and Mr Right will turn up when you least expect it and in the meantime, you enjoy your life with your boys :flowerforyou: xx
  • cleehancock
    cleehancock Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    :happy: K, Personally I think you look great. Most important you need to be happy with how you look. Boyfriends are a dime a dozen. A man who appreciates you for who you are, supports your goals including weight loss or physical fitness goals, and shows you the love you deserve every day; those are harder to come by, but if you hold out for one of them, they'll never tell you that you are too fat or too skinny! THey will tell you you are beautiful! :^D) So keep pursuing your weight loss and physical fitness goals to your satisfaction. And as I said; 'You look GREAT!" :wink:
  • jhartram
    jhartram Posts: 165
    Options
    I'm sorry you got dumped, but I checked out your pix... there is NOTHING too skinny about you! You are fit and beautiful! SO close to my motivational computer background and you're not photoshopped like she is...

Just because he's a beefeater doesn't mean you should lose confidence. You're only single now because he's jealous of the dedication you've put into being fit. Screw him! You're awesome, and don't let anyone tell you any different!
  • frenchchip
    Options
    You look great. Don't let some d-bag influence how you should look...it's all about you!
  • Kymmu
    Kymmu Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    That guy must be a freak.
    be glad you got out before wasting any more time with him.
    To be dumped because of your appearance- which he could see from the beginning? ppfftt......
    You have worked hard look awesome and deserve someone who loves your appearance and cherishes your personality too!
    stay strong!
  • Daysednconfused
    Daysednconfused Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    My husband has always said very negative things to me (we are separated and have been for over a year) - I found GREAT relief today. I took a picture I had framed for him and blew the ***** up with a hammer. I feel much better already!

sorry, all you haters, just chill cause I needed this!
  • nikkipendleton
    Options
    hes an ex for a reason, complete and utter plonker! hes probably met someone else but is too much of a coward to admit it.

it sounds like your had a narrow escape.

keep up the good work you dont need someone like that!