Burning, Painful Feet

Options
Well, as promised I wanted to give you guys an update after my podiatrist appointment.....I have Morton's Neuroma, basically inflammed nerves at the front of my foot. The solution? I am no longer allowed to run around barefoot (major bummer) I have to have some sort of shoe on my foot at all times, he recommends crocs for the house. I have to get better fitting shoes, New Balance are the best. I have to wear inserts in my shoes that kind of lift the front of my foot and cause my heel to be lower than the front to take pressure off the ball of my foot. Along with some physical therapy that uses ultrasound waves, I am hoping to see some improvement when I work out soon!! Hope this was helpful to some of you having the same problems.

Replies

• TiffanyKinner
    TiffanyKinner Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Well, as promised I wanted to give you guys an update after my podiatrist appointment.....I have Morton's Neuroma, basically inflammed nerves at the front of my foot. The solution? I am no longer allowed to run around barefoot (major bummer) I have to have some sort of shoe on my foot at all times, he recommends crocs for the house. I have to get better fitting shoes, New Balance are the best. I have to wear inserts in my shoes that kind of lift the front of my foot and cause my heel to be lower than the front to take pressure off the ball of my foot. Along with some physical therapy that uses ultrasound waves, I am hoping to see some improvement when I work out soon!! Hope this was helpful to some of you having the same problems.

I have Morton's Neuroma also, painful SO PAINFUL! I have had 2 shots of cortisone, no relief. The Dr just booted my foot, not helping. Last ditch effort before surgery she said.. However, I want to try that therapy, she never spoke of that!
    I have arch supports in my foot for months, didn't help.

Best of luck, I'd love for you to please keep me posted on your progress with this!
  • GETFITFORHIM
    Options
    I was so excited to read a post about feet! lol My big toe and the ball of my feet are red and feel inflamed constantly. I have tried inserts, but they actually made my feet feel worse! I have never heard of that therapy, but will definitely try to look into it. Good luck, and I will definitely be watching for any other ideas for help with foot problems!
  • TinaMS
    Options
    Tiffany, you might go to Amazon.com and do a search on Morton's Neuroma, they have the inserts that go under the ball of your foot rather that arch supports, that was what I was told to use.
  • TiffanyKinner
    TiffanyKinner Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Thank you, looking at them now... What one did you purchase?
  • TinaMS
    Options
    I purchased Pedifix Metatarsal Shoe Cushions - #P90
  • love22step
    love22step Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    I purchased Pedifix Metatarsal Shoe Cushions - #P90

I think I'll take a look at those, too. I had Morton's Neuroma surgically removed from my left foot a few years ago, and it worked very well. Before the surgery, I had to wear very wide shoes that didn't restrict my feet at all. They were very ugly, and I hated them. On more than one occasion I walked through stores wearing only one shoe, because it was too painful to wear a shoe on my left foot. Funny thing is, I could still run, but I ran in Nike sandals, because they didn't constrict my toes.

A couple of years ago, I started noticing a problem in my right foot, but I wasn't exercising and it did not progress until recently. Now that I'm starting to run again, it's kicking up in the right foot, and I'm sure it's the same thing. I'm open to having the surgery again, but I don't want to do it before I've reached my goals. Besides, I'm sure the pain will have to intensify before surgery becomes the best choice. I've signed up for a 5K the end of March, and I'm determined not to be derailed. I'm wearing wide running shoes, but they're not wide enough. I'll have to try the cushions. Thanks.

BTW, TinaMS, are the cushions helping you?