Wii Fit Balance Board Weight Accuracy

Options
Hey everyone,

I was just wondering if anyone uses the wii balance board for the wii. It has a weigh in feature and I was just wondering how accurate it is. I don't really trust my home scale and I trust the gym scale so I'm going to try the number the wii balance board told me at the gym to confirm. But if anyone knows if the wii balance board is accurate please let me know. Thanks.

Replies

• DeenieWeenie
    DeenieWeenie Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    My Wii board is right on with my Endocrinologists scale!
  • shakybabe
    shakybabe Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    on mine the quick weigh usually comes out about same weight as bathroom scales but for some reason when go in body test have to put -6lbs for clothes to get the same result! (even though I weigh with nothing on!)
  • chunk1691
    chunk1691 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    my wii board is always out, it said i had lost 50 pound one week then gained 60 the next day. lol.
  • frosty73
    frosty73 Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    Mine seems to be fairly accurate, but I'd go more for the trends than the actual numbers. As long as the numbers are going down, you're doing fine!
  • teeley
    teeley Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    I don't think they are all that accurate, but if you are going to use it make sure it is on hard floor, not carpet....

find a scale and be consistant with it, even if that is your wii balance board
  • marx4
    marx4 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I use it to weigh myself, weekly. The key is to stick with one scale and weigh yourself once a week, the same day, same time and same amount of clothing. HOWEVER, I do check my weight with another electronic scale that I have and it weighs me less than the Wii, so I'd be interested in hearing what everyone else says. I like the Wii because it keeps track of it and it calculates the BMI also.
  • JannineOwen
    JannineOwen Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    my wii weighs me exactly the same as my digital scales, so mine must be accurate although the mechanical scales at the gym weigh me 8-10 lbs less than both, although i'd love to weigh 8-10lbs less i go with the weight on the wii and digital scales :)
  • katermoody
    Options
    Mine seems to be right on the money, I just try to weigh in the same time each day...
  • sonyachan
    sonyachan Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    I think it's fairly accurate, but make sure you don't let it take off any for clothing. Mine will take off 2 lbs for a shorts and t-shirt, so I choose other and set it to take off 0 pounds for clothing.
  • aqua_zumba_fan
    Options
    I always use the balance board but through EA Sports rather than Wii Sports - dunno if that makes any difference but there isn't the facility to take lbs off for clothes! I have no idea if it's accurate but I always have it in the same place on the floor, at roughly the same time of day, so as others have said what matters is that it's going down not the actual weight so much. I would be interested to know if I weigh a lot less or more than I think though!
  • fitmom_pam1976
    fitmom_pam1976 Posts: 1,192 Member
    Options
    I also use mine to weigh in.... seems to be accurate
  • Cheryl943
    Options
    I use mine but don't know if it is right. It's all I use so it is consistant at least. Like others have said hard floor same time weekly use the tracking etc. seems ok.
  • Raihaanah
    Raihaanah Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I don't think they are all that accurate, but if you are going to use it make sure it is on hard floor, not carpet....

This is exactly what i tell my daughter everyday when she gets mad@the Wii Board. I use it every morning,but weigh myself3x's using Bodytest,standing feet apart until i get the same number twice. Then i do it 3xs again standing in the middle of the board,like when it wants you to do it with ur eyes clothes,until i get a number2x thats the same.
  • owlkat
    owlkat Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    you may need to test your board is working properly, thin k you need to go into settings when you go on the wii fit game
  • aliariess
    aliariess Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I believe it's pretty accurate, my bathroom scale and the wii always match up (like exactly or within .1-2 lbs) . I just make sure that i weigh myself completely naked on both. And on the wii just select "other" so no weight is added or subtracted. That's the only way i can tell for sure that i am getting the most accurate weight returned. :smile:
  • DeenieWeenie
    DeenieWeenie Posts: 149 Member
    Options

Yeah, I use mine on a hardwood floor.
  • phyllio77
    phyllio77 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    This is a good question. I weighted myself on the will fit and if its accurate ive lost another 7lbs...will have to weight myself tomorrow on my scale to double check:S
  • fitnessgal1985
    fitnessgal1985 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    It's a highly inaccurate tool for me. Always adding 2 or 3 lbs here or there and that really aggravates me. I also found out you can manipulate it like crazy based on center of balance. I check in from time to time but I don't use it as a main tool anymore.
  • Cynkane
    Cynkane Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I have found mine to be accurate until the batteries are starting to get low. Then it will tell me I lost like 25 pounds in one day! Then of course the wii fit tells me it is concerned about my health because i lost my weight too quickly. LOL!
  • brandyss
    brandyss Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I use my wii board also I think its accurate