Ok, so this may not be a big deal to anyone else

Options
I started at 309. That was before MFP. When I started here I was probably in my 290s. But I am in my 260s!!!!!! OMG!!!!!!! I AM HERE!!! I haven't been here since grad school which was like in 05! Holy cow! Amazing, I have lost the weight FAST. I dunno why. I have been eating, walking (I can't run, I sounds like a slaughted pig or something when I even try) and it's been just shedding off. I have been keeping my caloric range at 1550. Which is what MFP set me. And I cut out Dr. Pepper which is my crack. I am eating the healthy things at the resturants, tracking, drinking only water, tea and milk, LOTS of veggies, fish and chicken, and fruit. I am finally getting the hang of this. I'm just so happy to be in my 260s tho. I can't believe it.

For all the people that are thinking, "she is losing too much" or "she ain't doing it right", honey lemme tell ya, when you weigh almost 300 pounds, 20 pounds is just a drop in the bucket of the beginning of this battle. So please don't rain on my parade. Let me have my moment.

Here I come 250s!!!!

Replies

• cjtaeh
    cjtaeh Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Awesome!! thats what I have to say:smile: GREAT JOB!
  • emmamcblain
    Options
    That's a HUGE deal. Well done, great effort. :D
  • samjmom
    samjmom Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    You go girl! You are doing this the right way! Here's to 250 and less- pounds that is :)!
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Sometimes the weight does just fall off when you start treating your body right :smile: Your enthusiasm and joy in your post made me smile!

Dr. Pepper is my crack too. I miss my sweet bubbly friend! But he had to go :laugh:
  • Fit4_Life
    Fit4_Life Posts: 828 Member
    Options
    That is AWESOME to your weight loss! So proud of you! Only you know your body when it comes down to loosing the weight. People tend to criticize and judge, instead of complimenting you. I'm on a 1,000 daily calorie, and it is working just fine for me. Nobody knows your body like you do.

You are doing so well these days! It's such a great feeling to feel the weight coming off!

Congrats!!
  • sojillish
    Options
    No that is awesome. And typical suggestion at loss is not someone who suffers in the higher ranges. Good for you!! You've come a long ways and that is awesome. I can't run either cause of knee issues. Have you considered swimming at all? The town I used to live in had an all girl gym with pool which made me more comfortable. It's so much easier on the joints but also gives you a full body work out. Keep up the good work!!!
  • oogie13
    Options
    That is awesome! Congrats.. I am just getting back into this and am at 276 - so know how you feel. It seems like no light at the end of the tunnel - but have to start somewhere - so I will give it a shot! Wish me luck.:smile:
  • rower75
    rower75 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Keep up the good work.
  • Tulipgirl1223
    Tulipgirl1223 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    There should be NOONE that rains on your parade. You're doing great! WTG on your loss!
  • CosmicBella
    CosmicBella Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Keep it up!!! You're doing great!
  • phattiepatty
    phattiepatty Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Thanks ya'll! I hope to get down and be able to jog and I do intervals of walk 3 minutes and jog 1 minute and my heart beat monitor on the machine is all like "okay woman, you are about to die. You better get off me." so I need to work up to that. But I'm not gonna lie. My body aches too. I hope these aches and pains go away after the weight comes off because I hate it. I wanna have another child too. And I wanna be able to carry a toddler and be pregnant. Oh the troubles of a fat lady.
  • broby425
    Options
    Enjoy your moment. You've earned it! Good job.
  • littlebuddy84
    littlebuddy84 Posts: 1,000 Member
    Options
    Fantastic job :-)
  • anarose13
    anarose13 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    you are doing a great job no matter what anyone says, some people are just grace with the ability to drop weight quick if they do the right things. good for you hun! keep it up!
  • Janice032557
    Janice032557 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Very well done! Don't let anyone tell you differently. On this site I have noticed that people who have a lot of weight to lose seem to lose it quickly in the beginning. So I would have to say you are following the norm; as I have seen it here on MFP! Keep up the good work!
  • poppybox
    Options
    Your post has created a huge smile across my face, well done you :) everyone should let you have your moment....YOU CLEARLY DESERVE IT xx
  • Guardien
    Guardien Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Hold your head high, and walk proud. There are a lot of people who wish they could accomplish what you have. They are just afraid or too lazy to put in the effort. You are doing an absolutely AMAZING job, Patty.
    Getting to your goal won't be easy, but you are well on your way. Keep up the great work!
  • here_I_go_again
    here_I_go_again Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    I started at 309. That was before MFP. When I started here I was probably in my 290s. But I am in my 260s!!!!!! OMG!!!!!!! I AM HERE!!! I haven't been here since grad school which was like in 05! Holy cow! Amazing, I have lost the weight FAST. I dunno why. I have been eating, walking (I can't run, I sounds like a slaughted pig or something when I even try) and it's been just shedding off. I have been keeping my caloric range at 1550. Which is what MFP set me. And I cut out Dr. Pepper which is my crack. I am eating the healthy things at the resturants, tracking, drinking only water, tea and milk, LOTS of veggies, fish and chicken, and fruit. I am finally getting the hang of this. I'm just so happy to be in my 260s tho. I can't believe it.

For all the people that are thinking, "she is losing too much" or "she ain't doing it right", honey lemme tell ya, when you weigh almost 300 pounds, 20 pounds is just a drop in the bucket of the beginning of this battle. So please don't rain on my parade. Let me have my moment.

Here I come 250s!!!!

Congratulations!! You're doing an awesome job and should be proud of you!
  • caspr2
    Options
    I know what you are saying. I started at 310 and am down to 280 as of last week. (tomorrow is weigh day).
    I ended up with type 2 diebates so I also have to watch my carbs.
    It will be a long time coming off, but it was a long time getting that big. I gained 5 or 6 lbs a year ever since I retired from the Navy.

Mike
  • llaurash1962
    Options
    it is a big deal!! Yeah for you!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!