Hello Everybody.....just joined this week

Options
Hello,

My name is Salathiel .....

I just signed up a few days ago and I really like this site! I'm 43 and I've got 110 lbs to lose. I wish everybody well and much encouragement on shedding the pounds!

Replies

• Stefanie7125
    Stefanie7125 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    Welcome!! MFP is the place to be for motivation and inspiration! I will send you a friend request!
  • Reckabek
    Reckabek Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    Welcome! U can do it! Just keep trying and never give up! :flowerforyou:
  • Susanhutchens
    Susanhutchens Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Thanks! This is such a Greg app! Love it!
  • Janice032557
    Janice032557 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! If you are looking for friends, feel free to add me. The more the merrier and the more support! Good luck with your weight loss.
  • shealtial
    Options
    Awesome!......We definitely need supportive friends!
  • shealtial
    Options
    Hey thanks so much!
  • suemurphy2010
    Options
    Welcome, this is a fabulous place for support and encouragement, please feel free to add me :)
  • Nikon_ninja
    Nikon_ninja Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Well I'm not new to MFP (50 days) but my wife and I are excited with the results just tracking our intake has had. 19 lbs down so far, half way to where I want to be.
  • shealtial
    Options
    Yah. I'm super glad i found this site!
  • karenkay25
    karenkay25 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Welcome you are in the right place.:flowerforyou:
  • PammyKY
    PammyKY Posts: 129
    Options
    Welcome aboard you are in the right place. I know this works if you are honest with youself and keep an active food journal. I am proof that is is possible. There are great people on this site that will give you all the support you need. Feel free to add me as a friend but know that I will be honest with you if you share your food journal with me. I will tell you what I feel you are doing wrong because I have been there. I will share what information I have and have learned that has helped me get to the place I am today. Good luck.
  • Erica9903
    Options
    Hello,

My name is Salathiel .....

I just signed up a few days ago and I really like this site! I'm 43 and I've got 110 lbs to lose. I wish everybody well and much encouragement on shedding the pounds!

This is such a great site!! It's full of people who are excited to help you meet your goal. By using this site to make supporting friends, keep an accurate count of my calories and finding myself a good exercise routine I've lost 64 pounds. I'll send you a friend request. Good luck and keep your head up. You will have good and bad days as well as times when it seems like you work your tail off and don't lose an ounce on the scale. It's times like that you will need to turn to your measurements. My suggestion is take your measurements now and update them every couple of weeks. That's the best way to guage your hard work when the scale has moments of pure hatred toward you, lol!!!
  • shealtial
    Options
    That's encouraging! .....thanks so much. :)
  • Fit4_Life
    Fit4_Life Posts: 828 Member
    Options
    Well,...glad you joined! Welcome!:flowerforyou:
    Great people on this site... :bigsmile:

Good luck on your journey! :drinker:
  • shealtial
    Options
    Awesome!....great tips....I'm gonna take your advice. Thanks a bunch!
  • mom2mozart
    mom2mozart Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    It has been 26 days for me and I'm already down 11 pounds. Read other's posts, look at diaries for ideas of what works and for meal ideas for yourself. This is a wonderful forum for people who want to get healthy. I'm eating better than I ever did in my life. Lots of vegetables and fruits - in fact I'm eating them every day... Before this, I'd go days or even weeks without fresh fruits or vegetables... My main diet was carbs/grains. I'm still eating them, but they aren't the focus anymore. Best of luck to you. You are in good company.
  • shealtial
    Options
    Thanks so much and same to you! :)
  • shealtial
    Options
    Wow.....thanks so much for the encouragement! I was kinda down this morning because my doctor sent a note saying that I need to watch my carbs because my sugar level is in a pre-diabetic range. I do not want to get into health troubles.....so I'm gonna get down to business with getting this weight off and keep hanging around you guys to support and get good support. Thanks again! ;)