Help! Gained...Need a boost!

Options
:cry: I've been doing this for about 6 weeks and am only down 3.5 lbs. I was down 4 lbs but logged in today and was up 0.5!
So frustrating!! I am at 1220 calories a day. Is that too little? Should I bump to 1500? Is my metabolism slowing?
I thought by now I'd be down about 6 lbs and I'm sad. Need a boost...

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,594 Member
    Options
    :cry: I've been doing this for about 6 weeks and am only down 3.5 lbs. I was down 4 lbs but logged in today and was up 0.5!
    So frustrating!! I am at 1220 calories a day. Is that too little? Should I bump to 1500? Is my metabolism slowing?
    I thought by now I'd be down about 6 lbs and I'm sad. Need a boost...
    If you're exercising and only consuming 1220 calories a day, it's too little.

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • Anyaaaa11
    Anyaaaa11 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Same thing happened to me. I bumped mine up and am slowly losing
    Which is probably the right speed since I only have 10lbs to lose.
    I think you should definitely bump cals up to 1500.
    Enough with this 1200 cal epidemic lol
    I'm saying this from my own personal experience, it's way to hard to
    Keep under that amount consistently. I hated it
  • kikina
    kikina Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    i gained too and i walked 53 miles this week! so i thought i would loose big but no i didn't so what am i saying? ive been doing this for 45 days and only have lost 6 lbs i don't get it and it's discouraging BUT STICK WITH IT something has gotta give.. maybe our bodies are so resistant for being this way for a long time this wall will tumble down one day!

i've adjusted my mental thinking not to expect 5 lb lose a week not even 2 as long as i meet my goals and workout they have told me it will work.

hang in there you can do this
  • Krisgren
    Options
    i gained too and i walked 53 miles this week! so i thought i would loose big but no i didn't so what am i saying? ive been doing this for 45 days and only have lost 6 lbs i don't get it and it's discouraging BUT STICK WITH IT something has gotta give.. maybe our bodies are so resistant for being this way for a long time this wall will tumble down one day!

i've adjusted my mental thinking not to expect 5 lb lose a week not even 2 as long as i meet my goals and workout they have told me it will work.

hang in there you can do this

Thank you, some advice I needed to hear right now, I'm struggling this week :(
  • Phat2Thin
    Options
    Found that when my body is retaining water weight that the scale does not move, but my clothes are still getting looser. The following week I find that I will have lost 2 to 3 pounds once the water retention leaves my body. Don't let the scale alone be your guide. Use the tape measure as well. Sometimes the tape measure and your clothes getting looser is a better guide. Whatever you do DON"T give up! Stay on track and the body butter will melt. Don't forget, we did not put this weight on in one month, therefore it is not going to come off in a month. You WILL notice a difference from month to month if you stay with it. Stay with us!
  • chrmoody
    chrmoody Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    i don't know your height or weight, but 1220 isn't good for anyone especially if you're exercising on top of that. Bump it up a little bit, eat every 3-4 hours, small snacks, and drink a lot of water! Change up you workouts too, and what you eat. Challenge your body to keep on it's toes and work for you, not work against you, and you'll get there! The little victories is what counts, no one loses 5-10 pounds a week, not healthy or possible. Life isn't a Biggest Loser show!
  • Happymom12
    Happymom12 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Also remember to pay attention to what exercises you are doing. Some exercises (everybody's body is different) after you loose some of the weight you need certain parts of you body will work on changing where you are loosing fat but also gaining muscle which muscle weighs more than fat so you could gain weight. Also you don't want to loose to fast. If you to fast it is harder to keep it off and/ or maintain it. That is why a lot of people who do fad diets gain all of their weight and sometimes more back. My calorie intake is set at 1260 with me doing no exercise. The more I exercise and burn calories the more I eat. I am 31, 5'6", as of yesterday weigh 145.8, have a sedentary job.

url=http://www.myfitnesspal.com/weight-loss-ticker]17551503.png[/url]
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • hgrebe
    Options
    A huge thank you to all of you kind souls! This is a journey and it helps to have friends along the way. I'm going to adjust my fitness pal to 1500 calories and keep my exercise at 3x/week. Let's see if that helps. My sincere gratitude to all of you for responding!! You guys are the best!
  • hgrebe
    Options
    REad my reply below.... to each of you. Thank you for EVERYTHING!!