Hello I am new here

Options
I am 45 years old and have about 40 to 50 pounds to loose. I really need to get serious about my health, because when I went to the doctors office last week my HA1C was 6.1. I was told that 6.5 or higher is considered a diabetic. I am planning on logging in daily and tracking my food. My hope is to loose at least 15 pounds before I go back for a recheck at the doctors office.

On a personal note, I have been married for 18 years and have one son who is 16 years old. Both my husband and son are physically fit and soon I will be too. I live in Michigan. I work full time 12 hour shifts, which can be challenging at times to stay on track.

When I started journaling, I was shocked to see how many carbohydrates are in foods. Please feel free to add me as a friend. I can use all the support that I can get. Together lets all get fit!

Replies

• Mayreni
    Mayreni Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    You can do this! I also just went in to the doctor for bloodwork. I haven't gotten the results but she was really concerned because my BMI was at 40. I'm sure she'll find all kinds of problems with me. Congratulations on making the effort to get healthy. Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • christinedwyer16
    Options
    Hi there. I'm 44 and also have about 50 pounds to lose, I've been on since 1/9/12. I'm very fortunate that my health is great - MD says I have a good cholesterol gene, but I desperately want to fit back into my clothes. I sign in and log every day, would love to friend you and maybe we can do it together. Christine
  • StacyB150
    StacyB150 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. I'm 42 yrs old & I've been logging on for a little over 3 1/2 months now. I've lost 20 lbs so far. I had a physical a month ago and the doc lowered my high blood pressure medication. I go back in tomorrow for a follow up. My goal is to get off of it completely. Good luck to you and feel free to add me if you wish. Just keep logging in everyday. That's the key. And if you really want it bad enough it will happen! ;)
  • crazcampers
    Options
    HI! I am 39 years old and my goal is to lose 50 lbs. As of this morning, I am down 8 lbs! I have to get serious about my health first and hopefully my controlling my diet will help my son and my husband. We all need a lifestyle change. Plus I've got not one but TWO weddings in the coming year, both my niece and my nephew have gotten engaged. Good luck, I have added you as a friend. We can do this!