Need more friends 40ish woman need to lose around 100

Options
I've been doing MFP for almost 2 months. I have a few friends on the site but would like a few more I'm looking for people with similar goals. I'm 41 with 2 children and work full time. I've lost 15 lbs so far. My original goal was to lose 104 but that may change once I get there. That would get me down to 160 lbs which still is probably over where I need to be but I wanted to be realistic to start out. Right now I'm trying to get to 240 by the time I go to my next doctor appointment on March 27th. I'm 9 away from that so that is very doable. I was looking through posts but had a hard time weeding through to find those who had similar goals. I know you're out there but there are just so many posts to go thru to find you.

Replies

• jenhaze
    jenhaze Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hi there. I'm 38,going on 28 and need to loose over 100lbs. I lost 21 so far,yay me! I don't have any kids but i do have a husband and a cat and I work so...Feel free to add me. Also, I just joined a group that is starting "insanity" on Tues if you're interested.
  • Treesaw66
    Treesaw66 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Hi! I too have been here for 2 months! I am 45, 3 children and work full time. I am working my ways to the one hundreds with 100 + still to go. So far lost 26 lbs. Please feel free to add me :) Teresa. And congratulations on your weight loss so far. Good work.
  • feb06momma
    Options
    Hey gals, I am almost 31. My goal weight is 175, so I have 130ish to go. I'm down 24 so far, but this is only the beginning! Feel free to add me!
  • GymAnJuice
    GymAnJuice Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    hi girls, im 43, one 16yr old son and almost 100lbs to lose, can i add you as we'r all in the same boat?
  • pitbullmama
    pitbullmama Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Hi There, I am 52 and have the same goal weight in mind. I may change my mind on that later but the goal is to lose and feel better. Add me if you wish.
  • foggy45
    foggy45 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    hi ladies,i know this may be a page for women but i saw it,read it and i wish you all the best of luck.i talk to alot of very over weight people,men and women and yes you can (and must) do it,you will enjoy life and family so much more. so great success to you all and if i can help in any way send me a message...and be carefull jumping into hi-intence/impact workout groups as the overly-higher heart rate has its risks....tim/foggy45
  • CindyRx
    CindyRx Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I'll be 40 in 2 weeks :( I have 2 beautiful daughters , 18 and 21) and I also had a goal to lose over 100 ibs. At this point I've lost 21 lbs. so I have just under 100 lbs. to go now. Feel free to friend me! I love reading the success stories and keeping connected with MFP to keep me focussed.
  • mommybambi
    mommybambi Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Thanks to all who have responded. I know my body better than to jump into intense high impact workouts. I'm working exercise into my life slowly. I try to walk/run on the treadmill at least 5 days a week and I also do some calisthenics including hand weights several days per week. I tried the 30 day shred last week and was sore for 3 days. I actually spread the workout over 3 sessions in the same evening just to get thru it. I may try it again but I have to work it in slowly as my body gets stronger.
  • DallasRedhead
    DallasRedhead Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I'm Michelle and the end of the day today marks my first full week here. Well, my first full real week. Started off just logging what I was eating so I could see how bad I was being. I'm 45, no kids but 3 cats and a smart mouthed parrot. I work full time and my goal at the moment is to drop about 130 but that is subject to change as I get closer to goal.
  • nickims4
    nickims4 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I'm Nicki :-) a 44 year old mum of 4 children aged 13, 9, 5 and 1. I joined MFP in July 2011 then 'forgot' all about it until January 2012 when I decided it was to time to finally tackle my weight. I want to lose at least 117lbs in total which will take me to the top healthy BMI for my height. When I get there I'll see how I feel ;-) So far I've lost 18.5 lbs.... Please feel free to add me as a friend. This is a side of MFP I haven't really used yet so I haven't added any friends so far.
  • lovelyty1
    Options
    hi I'm 29 i have two children and i have lost 8 pounds but i recently got the lap band surgery :smile:
  • ambutler0905
    Options
    I'm new to MFP. I'm 47 and have lost almost 40lbs over the last year. Looking to lost about 100 more (probably more). Came here because I need more motivation. I've been having a hard time getting the food issue resolved. I have no problem with the exercise portion. I work out 6 days a week (2 with a trainer). I have two children in college and work full time. I do pretty good during the work day, but the weekend are my problem times. Any words of encouragement / advise would be greatly appreciated.