Freshman 15ers

Options
Hey all--
Just this past few weeks, I have noticed that even though I was happy with who I am as a person, I am not happy about my weight. I have gained the dreaded freshman 15... and freshman year isn't even over for me! So, I am hoping to lose what I have gained before summer..
Anyone else out there that is still trying to lose their freshman fifteen?
Today is day one for me. What day are you all at?

Replies

• Tindomerel
    Tindomerel Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Maybe not freshman 15, more like university 34! I started Uni at 155lbs, went up to 189lbs after three years! :sad:

Finally got fed up and started on MFP just after xmas this year (so about 18 months after the 189lbs) at 174 and am currently at 168. Still a way to go but I'm slowly getting there!

xo
  • spectralmoon
    spectralmoon Posts: 1,230 Member
    Options
    Guilty of the Junior 20, and working to drop below the starting Freshman weight by the end of this senior semester!

This is day... I can't math right now :explode: . Since Jan 9th of this year. :laugh:
  • bfhayes
    Options
    Hey!

I didn't have the Freshman 15, because I lived on the 3rd floor dorms of a campus built on a hill. I actually lost weight without even trying.
    Last semester, I gained about 5 lbs back because I lived off campus and drove everywhere instead of walking. I worked out 5 days a week and counted calories with my roomie. I didn't lose any weight last semester.
    Since Christmas break, I have been living at home because I had to attend a different college for a semester. Since moving home I have gained another 10lbs. I have already been overweight (I was at 212) and now I weigh a whopping 222lbs. I should be at about 185 or even less since I am 5'11". Anywho, I have a lot of work to do and I am here to be your support if you should need it! Best of luck to you!
  • MaggieFit622
    Options
    Thank BFHayes!
    I definitely need the support. I feel like some days I can do extremely well and then I hit an emotional road block that screams at me to eat. I am working to move past my emotional/ give up attitude when it comes to eating healthy...
  • fluteypie
    fluteypie Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I can't exactly say I'm a freshman 15er (since I'm a senior in high school) but I'll be starting college this coming fall, and I'm trying to reach my goal weight before I start so I can easily maintain it and hopefully not gain! :)
  • Marvens
    Marvens Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    my school is filled with freshmen 15 students and it doesn't stop after freshmen year either