My wedding day!

Options
So... I started trying to lose weight about year ago. 6 months ago I was proposed to and I became even MORE determined. Now, I'm not at my goal weight yet but I'm pretty close. When my sister (and maid of honor) came down for this legal ceremony (we're having the big 'dream' ceremony at the local renaissance festival in sept) she brought a bunch of my old dresses that she had been storing for me... Including the dress I wore to my junior prom when I was 17 (I will be 34 in 2 more days). Just out of dumb curiosity, I tried everything on that she brought... and it all FIT!!! Granted, the jr prom dress was a little tighter than it had been originally but it was on and zipped. It made me feel so great to know I've come so far. When I walked down the aisle the next day I truly felt like a beautiful bride and it was an amazing feeling... I thought I would share a few of my wedding pictures with you all just to share my happiness and maybe to inspire some other brides out there that goals are NEVER out of reach!

Before @ 170lbs

before_front.jpg
before_side.jpg

After... My wedding day... 120 lbs

Statuesque.jpg
Prettybride.jpg
lifted.jpg
Kisses.jpg
Family.jpg
BWPortait.jpg
BWonthesteps.jpg
BWcute.jpg
Adoration.jpg

Replies

• Kdingo
    Kdingo Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Beautiful!:flowerforyou:
  • momof3and3
    momof3and3 Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    You are beautiful...I love your dress and head piece...Congratulations on your marriage...and CONGRATULAIONS on your weight loss!
  • MarilynGrube
    MarilynGrube Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Awesome Sheila!! Your pictures look great!!
  • Emilia6909
    Emilia6909 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Gorgeous!!! Well done!
  • debilang
    debilang Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing Sheila...AMAZING that you were able to fit in your "JR PROM" dress!! Your Sis and you must be VERY close. Love those close family ties. Wow...Thank you for sharing your wedding photos here. I don't get over to FB much anymore!!! You and DH, make a VERY HANDSOME couple...and your boys are cuties!! Perfect family! WTG!
  • R_is_for_Rachel
    R_is_for_Rachel Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    wow, total transformation! you look really super :D
  • Lora0626
    Lora0626 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Amazing!!! Beautiful!
  • liog
    liog Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Gorgeous! Congratulations on the marriage and the weight loss!
  • 6mimi
    6mimi Posts: 1,439 Member
    Options
    You look lovely. WTG!:tongue:
  • emfilomena
    Options
    You look absolutely beautiful!! : )
  • _Khaleesi_
    _Khaleesi_ Posts: 877 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!! Great work love!! I'm working towards my wedding as well!
  • busyblkgirl
    busyblkgirl Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    You look absolutely stunning!!! And that dress and headpiece are gorgeous. It looks like they were made specifically for you. Congrats and best wishes!!!
  • jaena4
    jaena4 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Wow! You are gorgeous! And you look so happy! Congrats on the wedding and weight loss!!
  • SheilaSisco
    SheilaSisco Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    Actually.... The headpiece WAS made especially for me... My husband makes jewelry and made it for me for our wedding day. There's another one in the works for the Sept ceremony which will be made with sterling silver and swarovski crystals. I got lucky with this one... I get new jewelry all the time! ;) lol!
  • Dawna954
    Dawna954 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing that. What an inspiration you are! Congratulations on your wedding and on your weight loss success. You are absolutely stunning.
  • DorisR184
    DorisR184 Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    Beautiful! Congrats on your marriage & your success!!
  • Cpuff70
    Cpuff70 Posts: 153
    Options
    Awwwww. I love it! You were a beautiful bride! Congrats!!!
  • SheilaSisco
    SheilaSisco Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    Thank you! :D It was the best day ever. :D
  • mrsvatitagain
    mrsvatitagain Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Beautiful!!! Awesome transformation!
  • nyd_12
    nyd_12 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You look stunning!:smile:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!