Does one's Journey really ever end?

Options

Replies

• OSC_ESD
    OSC_ESD Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    My journey will never end ... it keeps getting better each and everyday ! I've spent a long time building this character and I intend on spending a lifetime putting the final touches on this masterpiece ! Life is like art ... with each new experience you become more creative ... always excited to see new results ... what your capable of doing. I've really just begun ...
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    Isn't it just a blessing to sign into MFP everyday and see your ticker with that 300 lb.+ number looking you in the face and filling you with feeling of such accomplishment. I am 32 months into this journey (starting at 560 lbs.) and am closing in on my goal as well. Also will be having skin surgery and losing around 20-25lbs. in skin removal. I have 2 hernia's that need repaired at that time and 2 total knee replacements shortly after I heal from the skin surgeries... But like you there is nothing I would change from this journey, and would do it all over again in a heartbeat. I am sorry for your lose but know he would be so proud of all that you have accomplished. There is so much truth in having support on this journey and now I have taken the torch in my family, leading by example. Best of Luck to you on finishing strong and hope your future will now be filled with all that life has to offer.... Not taking it for granted anymore is what I love most about where I am in my new life. Taking time to notice the little things like the wind blowing on your faces, ducks and birds playing in the pond, watching the clouds move across a clear blue sky........ Take Care and Congrats again.................
  • GemmaRowlands
    GemmaRowlands Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    This is absolutely AMAZING to see! Just so inspiring.

I have been thinking about whether the journey is ever over a lot recently, as I'm almost at my goal weight. If I were to maintain my weight instead of losing, I would be able to eat an extra 600 cals per day, and I am hoping that this is going to be enough to keep my loss. I couldn't bare to put weight on again now that I know how much better it feels to be slimmer.
  • atownsend84
    atownsend84 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Wow! You should be so proud of yourself, you look amazing!!
  • Dstny1957
    Dstny1957 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Truly inspirational! Thank you so much for sharing. It is an ongoing journey, but it is always exciting to wonder what is up around the next bend.

Thank you again!
  • porffor
    porffor Posts: 1,212 Member
    Options
    Firstly, huge congratulations on embracing surgery and all it brought for you, I know this won't have been an easy road, but your transformation is amazing. I have a friend who is facing surgery soon - she has a consultation appointment in a few days time. She's already had a stroke so this is a kind of make or break situation for her.

Secondly, no I don't think the journey ever ends, not till we're in our graves! lol I'm a struggler having gone up to 227lb at one stage I've been on most fad diets and had success to a limit, but can't maintain them. I came to the decision that my weight is a lifelong commitment for me, I will not go back where I was, I did gain with my youngest who is 2 but that has all gone now and I'm lower than I've been in 14 years. I do want to lose more but mostly I want to be fit and healthy. Ideally I'd like to get ouf the obese category before summer - just because it annoys me. lol

So keep up your great journey of life and new vigor for living!!
  • wren176
    wren176 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Wow your story brought tears to my eyes! Such an inspiration. Best wishes on your continuing journey.
  • TopazCarey
    Options
    You are truly awe inspiring. Keep up the amazing work!
  • happygirl338
    Options
    Wow! This is amazing. Congratulations! You are such an inspiration.
  • bjbixler
    bjbixler Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I would say the journey is a lifelong process. It is not over until we stop breathing. We all got overweight/obese for a reason, whether it was lack of exercise and/or overeating, and those are habits that do not die easily. I can only hope that by years and years of making the right choices and continuing to move my body daily, that it will get easier, and hopefully almost second nature.

To the original poster. You look absolutely amazing and have done a fantastic job turning your life around. My wish for you is to be healthy and happy all the days of your life, with each step a little easier than the last.

Well done!
  • hwjssc
    hwjssc Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    WOW....you look great...:) and NO the journey NEVER ends you have to work very hard each and every day..
  • HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    Amazing!! Amazing!! Amazing!!

Being healthy is a life long journey! Good job! Inspiring.
  • Heaven71
    Heaven71 Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    You have done so amazing. Something most could never or would never try to do. Congrats.

I don't look at it as a journey, it's a lifestyle. I make it fun by focusing on recipes and trying new foods and exercises. This is for real and it's for life.

Keep up the amazing work.
  • SLN11
    SLN11 Posts: 210
    Options
    Can I just say what a huge inspiration you are I mean look at you and how far you have come that is a success story i have rarely seen before !

Well done to you, however I can see where your coming from though, I have thought about this myself all the times I have tried and not managed to loose weight is unreal and it seems that all the years I have wanted to chance this has been my goal.

So like you were saying does it ever really end either by maintaining or making sure you still exercise etc ! Very good topic, me personally I think once you are in this frame of mind you never seem to get out of it fully

xx
  • Emilia6909
    Emilia6909 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    WOW WOW WOW WOW!!!! You look unbelievable!! A different person! An ENORMOUS Congratulations!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • MenaMena
    MenaMena Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing your truly inspirational story. You look amazing. I wish you continued success with your surgery and your continued journey. Thank you again.
  • MandaJean83
    MandaJean83 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    You story is so inspirational to so many. Wow. Your commitment is enviable. For most of us, I don't think this journey is ever over. In fact, I think it gets harder when you maintain, because there isn't the push to see the scale drop another digit every week. There are no increments of success to look forward to! But we never said this was a diet...this is a lifestyle change. We build good habits so that we can hold onto them! :)
  • laurarpa
    laurarpa Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Wow. I read the first few paragraphs before the third, before seeing your ticker or the "before "pictures.

I have to admit that seeing the before pictures changed my impression of you - to one of jaw-dropping awe of what you were able to accomplish. .

Truly inspirational, you are in a great position to offer help and encouragement to those in what must at times seem like a hopeless position. Keep up the fantastic work - and I hope the hernia surgery is a great success and you lose a lot of unneeded skin in the process :) Post more pics after the recovery !
  • Mollyqr
    Options
    I'm amazed and so encouraged . Your post did me a world of good. I'm facing a nearly 100pound weight loss on my own this time. Can't swing spending the money on WW on my single salary. Thank you for your post and your determination and bravery.
  • coquetona
    coquetona Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Wow! I don't post on these very often but I can't not comment. You are a huge inspiration! Congratulations!! You look fantastic!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!