Happy Tell a Fairy Tale Day!

Options
CarolinaGirlinVA
CarolinaGirlinVA Posts: 1,512 Member
Feb 26th
Today is Tell a Fairy Tale Day, which fairy tale was your favorite as a kid?
Was there a fairy tale that scared you? If so, why?

Replies

• CarolinaGirlinVA
    Options
    My favorite was Sleeping Beauty I thought waking up to a kiss would be so romantic! lol
    Snow White scared me, the poison apple did it for me, took awhile for my mom to get me to eat apples after that. **shudder**
  • sheresamae
    sheresamae Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    favorite fairytale was Cinderella
    scary one not sure its really a fairy tale but my papa used to read us this book that had a troll under the bridge and he sounded so scary when he would say who is that trip tapping on my bridge . Its one of the fondest memories I have of my papa also though :)
  • maria_ferrari
    maria_ferrari Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I've always been addicted to fairy tales. Can't say that I have a favorite or one that scared me. Just liked them all. For fairytale lovers have you watched the show "Once Upon a Time". I'm in love with it and don't miss an episode!

Good luck on all your goals, Maria
  • firesoforion
    firesoforion Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure I had a favorite, I guess a family favorite was Cinderella, though for a number of years I preferred Snow White because it was minimizing the unpleasant/unhappy times in the movie. Also, the Princess Bride (not exactly a fairy tale, but it's in the title).

The one that scared me (again, not sure if it's exactly a fairytale) was the Nutcracker (particularly the Nutcracker Prince movie). We'd watch that every year at Christmas in elementary school and I just dreaded it.
  • kikiwilkinson
    Options
    does princess and the frog count as a fairy tale? because the one scared me! With all that voodoo it was spooky!

Favorite? Cinderella and Beauty and the Beast <3
  • _greeneyedgirl_
    Options
    Didn't really have a favorite growing up, but now I love Mulan, I love how she's a strong woman with no knight in shining armor needed to rescue her. The happily ever after is that against all odds she stayed true to who she was. She was told she couldn't but she proved everyone wrong.
  • or1ch6id
    Options
    i remember reading one that was in a collection of fairy tales that i swear were the Grimm Tales but dunno anymore...anyway...it was about a bird, a mouse and a sausage (I know...not crazy...really was a story) that lived together and each had a job..but at the end they all died...was very disturbing.

maybe that explains alot about me...that i read those things at a young age...hmmmm
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    My favorite fairy tale is Good calories, Bad calories by Gary Taubes

Although there are some good ones told on MFP as well like being able to eat in a surplus and not gain just as long as they don't eat carbs. Only thing missing is unicorns and other magical creatures
  • wdwghettogirl
    wdwghettogirl Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    I've always loved fairy tales, especially as told by Disney. :smile: But I think my favorite was when I found the Politically Correct Bedtime Stories book when I was in college. Hysterical to read! Especially since I think being PC has gotten unbelievably out of control, this book was fantastic!
  • DinahKyle
    DinahKyle Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I am 22 years old and still completely in love with Fairy tales. When I was younger I liked the disney versions. Now as an adult I have an entire file of the original Grimm Fairy tales on my Kobo.

I guess that my favourite would have to be something simple like Snow White - she was in a bad situation but was a genuinely good person who everyone loved. - This and sleeping beauty, but that was more for the whole thing about growing up a peasant to discover that you are actually the King and Queen's only daughter. Always thought that was a good way to wake up haha.

The one that always scared me as a child (and I'm talking story, not movie wise - because any child would be scared of the Evil Queen from Snow White haha) - Probably Rumpelstiltskin, closely followed my Hansel and Gretle. Both involve children and being a child I was paranoid that someone would come and steal my older brother - or that my dad would leave us in the woods when we were bad. Silly yes, but the mind of a 6 year old is a delicate thing.
  • DinahKyle
    Options
    LOVE this show - my boyfriend found me the episodes and I had a two day marathon of watching them all! LOVE IT!!! Plus it's full of eye candy :P
  • melindenmark
    melindenmark Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    I've always been addicted to fairy tales. Can't say that I have a favorite or one that scared me. Just liked them all. For fairytale lovers have you watched the show "Once Upon a Time". I'm in love with it and don't miss an episode!

Love the Show Once upon a time!!! Always been a fairy tale fan love them all
  • DinahKyle
    Options

LOVE this show - my boyfriend found me the episodes and I had a two day marathon of watching them all! LOVE IT!!! Plus it's full of eye candy :P
  • CarolinaGirlinVA
    Options
    I have the entire Grimm's fairy tales as well, including Dear Millie which was found and published after the Brothers Grimm had died. The stories really are scary and creepy, Disney tends to make it more kid friendly.
    I have not seen Once Upon a Time...but I really want to! Maybe I will catch up online. :happy: My husband and I do watch Grimm, it is pretty good!
  • pandasand
    pandasand Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    My favorite fairy tale is Good calories, Bad calories by Gary Taubes

Although there are some good ones told on MFP as well like being able to eat in a surplus and not gain just as long as they don't eat carbs. Only thing missing is unicorns and other magical creatures
    :laugh: