Women with PCOS let's buddy up!

Hi,

I've had weight issues my whole life. I have PCOS ( Poly Cystic Ovarian Syndrome -- sounds way scarier than it is). It makes weight loss very difficult. I've found that the Insulin Resistance Diet (look it up on Amazon.com) helps quite a bit, so if you have it, check it out. I lost a little weight now, but want to find some fellow PCOS sufferers that want to buddy up to help each other keep motivated to loose weight. Send me a friend invite on the app if you need a buddy like I do! Thanks!

3841482.png

Replies

• ladyk1985
    ladyk1985 Posts: 5 Member
    Hey!! Im kim. I also have pcos and understand how frustrating it is. I had my little boy nearly 2 years ago and started to put on alot of weight,have irregular/missed periods and moods like ive never known,which lead to my diagnosis. Im getting married in 4 and a half weeks and am desprate for another little one but have been advised to lose weight before i can start treatment.
    It would be great to give each other some support and hopefully meet our goals
  • misskgb
    misskgb Posts: 26 Member
    Hey girls, I'm in the same boat! Trying to tame this naturally (been down the metformin road before) Feel free to add me! Slow and steady wins the race!
  • NancyMarie13
    NancyMarie13 Posts: 193 Member
    Can you inbox me that link for insulin resistance meals?

I also have PCOS, unfortunately! But I am seeing great results with just working out and medicine! Add me ladies and we can talk more!
  • I have PCOS too. Actually, there are a lot of us here on MFP. I sent you a friend request and ladies, please feel free to add me as well. We all have out struggles but there are several women on here who have lost 50+ pounds so YOU/ WE can do this!
  • mistresseeyore
    mistresseeyore Posts: 717 Member
    I've been diagnosed formally for almost a decade. I'm working hard on what the dietitian gave to work with and it works. We also have a group on here for PCOS women to come together and vent their frustrations and also brag about their positive dealings with it.
  • PCOS here too! Which makes losing weight sooooo challenging! Would love to buddy up with some other PCOS-ers.
  • TheBauhausCure
    TheBauhausCure Posts: 21 Member
    I have PCOS! Makes losing weight such a pain...
  • chippy83
    chippy83 Posts: 92 Member
    There's a PCOS group w/ 400+ members... It's called "PCOS Cysters Losing Together".

PCOS is a *kitten*! Good luck in your journey, handling the good days and bad ones!
  • ginger531
    ginger531 Posts: 9 Member
    Hey!! I've been diagnosed with PCOS since I was 16. 6 years of battling with this has been a chore, to say the very least. I've finally decided to take my weight loss seriously, because I don't want this condition to control my life. I know that in comparison to most people, some of us will have the hardest time losing weight because of our condition - but that doesn't mean it's impossible. Every pound lost helps... I want to be healthy for the day (hopefully in the near future) when my husband and I decide that it's time for us to start trying to have kids. I know it won't be easy, but I can at least plan ahead and make things easier on myself in the long run...

I'm so proud to see a 'sisterhood' of women out here who struggle with the same thing, but aren't letting it rule them. You're all such beautiful and capable women - and it inspires me to keep pushing through the tough times despite this 'handicap.'

Keep rockin' on, ladies!! Feel free to add me :)