Looking for New Friends

Options
I'm looking for new MFP friends who log daily, can offer motivation, inspiration, a few laughs, but mostly support in this lifestyle change. I've tried going it alone and failed miserably. There isn't a weight requirement but just an honest dedication to help yourself and someone else in the process and of course I can offer the same and who knows if we live in the same area maybe we can be workout buddies too.

Replies

• singerfarms
    Options
    I try and log in daily, but would love to help you in the encouragment department, as I also need a little of that myself!
  • dnewton123
    Options
    Let the encouragement begin.
  • nosuccubus
    nosuccubus Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I've been using the app for some time but this is my first time on the website. I'm looking for a buddy to help me keep motivated too. I've had some success with the Insulin Resistance Diet (look it up on Amazon.com) but I need to kick it up and really start exercising. I'll send you a friend invite on the app and we can help motivate eachother!

3841482.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • fltfyfoy
    fltfyfoy Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I could use some more fitness buddies. I once was anorexic and now have troubles losing weight due to my poor choices years ago. So any encouragment to continue doing this as my doctors see fit would be wonderful! I've always been one to positivly encourage my friends, but I'm more tough on myself. I hope you all are having a wonderful day and are reaching your goals! There's nothing like the satisfaction of reaching your own goals one step at a time! :0)
  • Peapod57
    Peapod57 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Ive only just signed up to this system so dont know anything about it really but the idea of 'buddying up' really appeals. If you havent been in-undated with offers, I'd love to give it a go ....
  • nosuccubus
    nosuccubus Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    yeah, anyone who wants a fitness buddy send me an invite too! The more the merrier!

3841482.png
  • dnewton123
    Options
    I've learned the hard way that going it alone made me eat more, cheat more, and lie to myself more. I'm not ashamed to admit I need a cheering squad to keep me going even when I've only made small advances they are still advances. I have enough naysayers around me and for once I'm doing something for me and about me.
  • rdunlap81
    rdunlap81 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    would love to have some extra help and encouragement! I need extra tips in exercising and healthy eating as well as encouragement in my weight loss.
  • ahealthy4u
    ahealthy4u Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    count me in I try and log in every day and if I don't I will let yeah know before I go off. If you would like to add me that would be great Have a great sunday
  • twalton67
    Options
    I am new to this too, and dont know how to add friends. I try to log every day, but I do catch up if I miss. If anyone can tell me how this works, it would be great. Thanks
  • misskerouac
    misskerouac Posts: 2,242 Member
    Options
    I"m 28years old, 5'7" currently 174. Still looking to lose another 24 pounds. I log in religiously every day and track all my food and exercise. I am always here to offer support and cheer people on (and some helpful nudging here and there) and like the same in return. Feel free to add me :)
  • Ash_76
    Ash_76 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I am new to this too, and dont know how to add friends. I try to log every day, but I do catch up if I miss. If anyone can tell me how this works, it would be great. Thanks
    click on user name beneath picture, click add freind and send a message if you want
  • fwjl
    fwjl Posts: 3
    Options
    Hi, been using this app since 23rd Jan. this year and have maintained a steady weight loss from 150.1kgs down to 142.4 (8.7kgs loss) would like to have others to help motivate each other and share the journey. My weight gain is due to me having MS for last 7 years and unable to be physically active. Happy to be added... User name fwjl :)
  • KaciJO8
    Options
    Hi,
    My name is kaci and I am also looking for friends on the site. I log pretty much daily, a few missed days here and there, and try to workout as much as my schedule allows. I have been doing this myself the last few months but would love to give and get support from a few fellow people trying to do what I'm doing. I would love to add you and se of we could help each other out!
  • gregavila
    gregavila Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. I've been on the site here for just over 60 days now and love it. I track all of my food daily here, have a pretty good group of supportive friends, and have also taken over leadership of a team challenge that we started at the beginning of the year (and will be ending here in about a month).

I have my diary open to all of my friends, and prefer friends who will do the same (as a matter of accountability).

Feel free to add me if you wish.
  • maria_ferrari
    maria_ferrari Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same situation. Would like to be more involved and more motivation. Been craving a lot of unhealthy foods lately and feeling like I've been losing steam! I rarely get on the comp and mostly use my phone but I log everyday and get online when my 6 month old allows me the time. (He's my first child and a lot of what I'm trying to lose is my pregnancy weight) Good luck everyone!
  • LeeDahlen38
    LeeDahlen38 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I offer up everything I can add as a team mate. First take time tho and look through "me" Read my blogs, Read my profile, Read my daily activity. (Mirror quotes, energy tracks, and fun posts) and understand my requirements. (They're not hard) I stick to them, because while I'm there for you, you are there for me too! (yeah it's a bit selfish... But I can be to get where I wanna go)

1) Diary open (at minimum with a key to view)
    2) No Public "CallingOut" of my team mates when they screw up. ( Do it in an inbox and they will as well. We call it respect!!)
    3) Don't be silly in your decisions and blame others for it. Take this as serious as we do, and you will go down! Play with it, and go haphazardly thru it, and you'll be one of the many "WTH???" posts in the Forums.

My "friends" are not friends, they are team mates! They are all extremely talented in their own rights. Nutrition, Exercise, Motivation, you name it there's an answer in my list! We all work together for the common cause. To look, feel , and be awesome.! Come Join us!! Just know it's never easy, or everyone would be there.....and not here!! Lee =)

#NoExcusesLetsGo!!