I am sure this has been asked already...

So... I've lost a total of 27 lbs since I started MFP in January. :bigsmile: !YAY! I need to lose another 23 lbs to hit my goal weight. :noway: 13 of those I would like gone before July when my husband comes home from Iraq on a 15 day R&R.

I've noticed a change in my work out calories. Before I was suppose to burn 244 cals per day to lose 1.9 lbs, now it says I need to burn 180 cals per day to lose 1.7 lbs. Does anyone know why this is? I usually work out 4-5 days a week (never go under 4) and burn between 450-800 cals per workout, depending on what day it is and if I am doing weights. Is it unhealthy to keep burning all those cals and keep my diet the same?

Someone please help me understand! :huh:

Replies

• So... I've lost a total of 27 lbs since I started MFP in January. :bigsmile: !YAY! I need to lose another 23 lbs to hit my goal weight. :noway: 13 of those I would like gone before July when my husband comes home from Iraq on a 15 day R&R.

I've noticed a change in my work out calories. Before I was suppose to burn 244 cals per day to lose 1.9 lbs, now it says I need to burn 180 cals per day to lose 1.7 lbs. Does anyone know why this is? I usually work out 4-5 days a week (never go under 4) and burn between 450-800 cals per workout, depending on what day it is and if I am doing weights. Is it unhealthy to keep burning all those cals and keep my diet the same?

Someone please help me understand! :huh:
  • cobra1368
    cobra1368 Posts: 90 Member
    I would imagine that this is an automatic adjustment that is taking into account A) the weight you've already lost (GOOD JOB, BTW!!), and B) the remaining weight you have to lose.

I would think the system would take your current weight and adjust the caloric values based on that, which means you need to burn less calories in order to lose weight than the heavier you had to.

Does that make sense at all?
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Yes, I agree, you burn less when you weigh less. Congratulations!!!! And a big thank you to your husband for serving. God bless him and all the troops and their families!!!! My husband is retired ARMY, my daughter and son in law are both in the ARMY stationed in Germany. My son in law leaves to Iraq this week on a 15 month tour. And they are expecting their first child in July.
  • Mlieb
    Mlieb Posts: 121
    I would imagine that this is an automatic adjustment that is taking into account A) the weight you've already lost (GOOD JOB, BTW!!), and B) the remaining weight you have to lose.

I would think the system would take your current weight and adjust the caloric values based on that, which means you need to burn less calories in order to lose weight than the heavier you had to.

I noticed that my calories burned form daily activity went from 1,700 to 1,670 once I went from 154 lbs to 141 lbs......therefore, as I am losing weight, my body burns less calories from daily activity...seems inefficient but true.

Melissa
  • Mlieb
    Mlieb Posts: 121

I noticed that my calories burned form daily activity went from 1,700 to 1,670 once I went from 154 lbs to 141 lbs......therefore, as I am losing weight, my body burns less calories from daily activity...seems inefficient but true.

Melissa
  • Thanks all... it helps... :flowerforyou: