Lost weight but still have boobs....finally found a bathing

Options
Well I've lost about 70 lbs since starting on MFP and 75 pounds total....I have always had large boobs and have a hard time finding swimwear because companies expect the rest of me to be bigger than I am. I recently decided to suck it up and wear a two piece but it was still hard to find tops and when I did they cost $60 and still required some sewing by my poor mother lol. Well I recently discovered Freya bathing suits and they are amazing! Fits perfect....and I found an ebay store that sells them at great prices so I wanted to share. It's called Curves Lingerie by Chamousey
http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Curves-Lingerie-by-Chamousey

top.jpg Ignore by terrible nap hair....I just was excited about the top lol

Replies

• thefoodnerd
    thefoodnerd Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    You look great, and the top looks comfy! Hope it feels comfy too!
  • tradaboie
    Options
    Thanks :) It's actually my new bathing suit top...after I got it though I did order a bra too....now I just have to wait til I get it and see if it fits well too....they are so hard to find!!
  • thefoodnerd
    thefoodnerd Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Good luck!!
  • CarolinaGirlinVA
    CarolinaGirlinVA Posts: 1,512 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for sharing! I also have a weird bikini size and I HATE buying bathing suits. I have to buy them separate because I have no hips and no butt so I wear a small there. My bra size is 34DD. You are right, they assume if your cup size is big you must be big all over. The top you are wearing, does it have an underwire? I really have to have an underwire for additional support other wise it just looks like a roll of fat landed on my chest.

This is a bathing suit I bought 2 years ago. I like it because it is adjustable all over. I did not like spending $58 for just the top. I bought the bottoms at Target since they we so much cheaper.
    2012-02-201813.jpg
  • CarolinaGirlinVA
    Options
    And...congrats on the weight loss! You look great!!
  • CherrySunday
    Options
    top looks great!!! I'm in a similar position too! boobs usually are the first thing to go, but for some reason I still am in a D-cup, my band size went down, but that's it. Finding 34D bras is hard enough, for some reason I can never find them in the big stores here. I'm buying my FIRST bathing suit in YEARS this next week, so I'm super excited. Congrats on your progress; you look amazing!!
  • tradaboie
    Options
    I've always used an underwire too but this top didn't have one and I was shocked to find that it was still supportive enough. I've ordered a few others though with an underwire that I should get next week. I payed under $30 for this top and that included shipping from the UK....I was VERY pleased!!
  • ShrinkinMel
    ShrinkinMel Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Looking great there. :) I have the opposite problem somewhat. I need 24W and the top is always TOO BIG to get it to fit right everywhere else. I'm not extremely small chested but I guess they assume all obese women needing 24s have DD's or bigger. I did when pregnant(at end) and while nursing but they shrunk back down after my daughter(now 8) stopped nursing when she was just shy of 11 months.
  • IvoryParchment
    IvoryParchment Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    I'm pear shaped and don't have enough on top to wear a lot of bathing suits. When they get wet, they droop in embarrassing ways. They expect the breasts to support the suit instead of the other way around. I get mastectomy suits now -- they're cut to cover a little more.
  • CarolinaGirlinVA
    Options
    Went to the site, do they have a chart to figure out what your size would be based on measurements? I have no idea what size I'd wear.
  • kar74
    kar74 Posts: 49
    Options
    You look great! I love Freya bras and didn't realize they sold bathing suits, too! I'll definitely be checking out that site. (I usually order my bras from herroom.com)
  • Striving4Fit_MrsOrtiz
    Options
    I love victoria secret, but I think they expect all women to be small up there. first I need to lose the weight then ill be ordering from there. thanks. and congrats on the weight loss.
  • tradaboie
    Options
    When I ordered my suit top they had a conversion chart....although the UK/USA chart was pretty similar.
  • Soozie1978
    Soozie1978 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the tip. I, too, am a fairly large busted girl, although I don't look it in my clothes. I think its because I'm small around the band. I wear 34DD and even though the bands are getting looser, the cups are still DD. I have a hard time finding underwires to fit, and believe me, after 3 kids and going to GG when I was nursing, its necesary. The place I've found the best fit is Soma Intimates. They have online ordering, but I go to the store in town or the outlet about 45 miles away. They are a part of Chico's. Victoria's Secret has never been able to fit me. They assume that when you get to DD you need 6 or 8 hooks up the back and the sides come up too high and cut me under the arms. I'll check out the Freya site, and the herroom, too!
  • ales1979
    ales1979 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    you look great in it! congrats on finding one that fits properly and is comfortable!!

Bra shopping is the bain of my life!! Many UK high street stores don't carry my size (38 H) so i tend to order online, therefore Ebay is my friend!! yay!

I need a decent sports bra next! I need to be able to move around without giving myself two black eyes in the process!! lol!!

Your health to wear it honey!
  • May63
    May63 Posts: 162
    Options
    bump
  • tradaboie
    Options
    Yeah let me know if you find a good sports bra....I've never found a really good one...just ones that are ok with low impact lol
  • SexyCook
    SexyCook Posts: 2,253 Member
    Options
    I can totally feel this....Same happens with me...YOU LOOK Amazing...My boobs have always been a good size....and it is the hardest to find sports bra(good ones that work)....Those Walmart sportbras do not work for me.....
  • luvmypwds
    Options
    Your assets are just not fair. Skinny but big boobs?? Lucky girl. I'm skinny but have uber flat boobs to go with my body. Was just thinking about a boob job!
  • bronagh20
    bronagh20 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    thanks for sharing this as im a 34f and find it hard to get bras/bikini tops. I know that when i loose weight it wont be much better as i was only 110lb and was still a 32f so im stuck with them lol.x
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!