What is your favorite workout palylist?

Options
I feel as though I can never find the right tracks to excerise to on my mp3 player. I workout on the elliptical and go at 138-140 strides per minute at 6 resist and can`t find anything appropriate. I`ve looked at the website run2rythum but as a student, I`m too cheap to purchase a $34 one hour track at a specific beat per minute.

What is your favorite workout tracks to keep you motivated and pumped up for long runs? Do you have any suggestions when it comes to cheap (or maybe free) websites to help those of us who workout to music?

Replies

• xgg2rs
    xgg2rs Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I run quite a bit and I download free podcasts from Itunes. (dance/trance type music) I find it the right balance between being upbeat without being distracting.
  • kbf2107
    kbf2107 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Dubstep is really good to listen to when you're working out. I recommend anything by Knife Party; they're my favorite at the moment. Also, Korean pop music is really great as well. Check out Super Junior, BIGBANG, Brown Eyed Girls. You can download the Pandora radio app on your phone or iPod for free and listen to music that way as well.
  • 1968LisaG
    1968LisaG Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I like fast paced music and have been downloading songs from iTunes. Artists such as Shakira (She wolf), LMFAO, Labouf, beyonce, rihanna, kei$ha, black eyed peas, and so on. Also have earth, wind and fire's Let's groove tonight and found they have a good walking beat. a place to find a good workout list is at Pandora.com and select a workout playlist. good luck
  • zenithfern
    Options
    Thanks for the great suggestions! I forgot about downloading podcasts (I didn`t think they had straight music ones). Unfortunately asiliag and kbf2107, I can`t access Pandora anymore since they banned Canadian access. They were my favorite online station. Oh well.