Over on the weekend

Options
I had more of a "free" weekend the I would have liked.
I went over 600 calories today and 200 yesterday. Should I try to eat under 200 calories for then next few days? Will the help?

Replies

• greaseswabber
    greaseswabber Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    It can be hard enough just to meet the daily goal without trying to go under it for a few days. When I go over I make an extra effort the next day (today) to hit the target. Then hit it again the the day after, and the day after and so on.

One bad day won't ruin everything. But trying to starve myself more than usual has killed my diets in the past.
  • Smithvalerie
    Smithvalerie Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    ScrewyChars-7019064
  • misslissa555
    misslissa555 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Just think of it as a learning curve. Don't blame yourself!! It happens sometimes! Just remember and move on to better eating! :)
  • junyr
    junyr Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    What I do for bad days is once they're over, forget about them and move on.
  • deaniegraham
    Options
    Drink a little extra water but always try to stick to your goal for the day....
    :happy:
  • rbear713
    rbear713 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    agree on not trying to starve yourself - try adding exercise if you want to make it up!!
  • dvd1
    dvd1 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    3500 calories = 1 pound in weight. Dieting is purely about maths. You went over by 800 calories over the weekend. Thats over your actual goal that has already I assume knocked off 500 calories per day to achieve your weight loss. So therefore you are still actually 200 calories under your maintaining calorie amount. So the good news is you will have actually still lost a tiny amount of weight. (200 calories worth which is about an ounze) So well done. Now just carry on with hitting your goal each day. Everyone has lapses, but the beauty of deiting is that you can lapse as long as you carry on the next day. Good luck. Ive lost 29 pound over the last three months using this phylosophy so I know it works. Dave. :wink: