New to Myfitnesspal but not weight loss!!

Options
My name is Wendy,

I am 39 and have always struggled with weight loss but i am really commited to losing this weight before
i reach the dreaded 40 years.

I am looking for friends to help and support each other. If you have any inspirational ideas to keep me going or just want someone to chat too the please send me a friend request.

Here goes to the 69lb weight loss :)

Wendy xx

Replies

• DRJHolley
    Options
    Hi I'm Dave,

I am Wendy's husband and long time sufferer with being FAT. I'm 38 also im a musician and im fed up with being on stage and surrounded by slimmer, fitter people wishing i was one.

In the past we have both tried with some success but always eventually failed. This morning when talking to Wendy I scared myself when i realized I need to loose the same amount that my daughter (15) weighs!!!! We both realized our main problem is motivation. When we looked around we found this site and the iphone app and feel it could really help to keep us motivated and as they say on the "straight and narrow"

I am a very supportive person and really look forward to meeting new people on here so that we can help and encourage each other. So add us both if you like.

Dave
  • NancyMarie13
    NancyMarie13 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    This is wonderful to see. Everyone must be on the same page or it makes it hard. Glad you all have each other. Stay supportive and hold each other accountable with love!
  • suemurphy2010
    Options
    Hi Wendy and Dave, half the battle won already there by having a supportive partner. Feel free to add me if you like :) Have fun on your journey
  • tinamina78
    tinamina78 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! I've sent you both a friend request. Cheers to the beginning of your journey :drinker:
  • Torkelle
    Torkelle Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    You are so lucky to have each other to walk this journey with! It is a hard path alone, so you are well equipped for success already. Keep your partner motivated, and accountable. Good luck, and happy losing!
  • nickyeatrunread
    nickyeatrunread Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Ditto what Sue said. I think having a supportive partner is SO important. Keep each other accountable and push each other to be better. Feel free to add me! Welcome to MFP! :)
  • BIGJIMMYU
    BIGJIMMYU Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    I think it is great to take on this challenge together! Feel free to add me as your friend! I lost 42 lbs before I found this site and to lose the last 30 for my target the people on here are friendly and motivating!
  • getfine2015
    getfine2015 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Hi You can feel free to add me...
  • jc1229
    jc1229 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Hi Wendy and Dave! You both are totally going to love this site! There is all sorts of groups to join and people to help motivate you. I honestly wish I would have known about it sooner. Feel free to friend me, I also need all the support and motivation I can get too! :D
  • sk2775
    sk2775 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    Hello Wendy and Dave...welcome to MFP. So great that you are doing this together. I have been using this site for nearly a year now and so far so good. Feel free to add me as a friend :-)
  • 7funnygirl7
    7funnygirl7 Posts: 1,176
    Options
    AWESOME!!....can I borrow your husband for support????....LOL
  • lovepink87
    Options
    Hi Wendy and Dave! That is so awesome that you have eachother for support! That really helps a ton. I work at a gym and i notice that people tend to really have a better work out and see better results when they have someone in there with them pushing them and helping them along. I know it helps me for sure! I stuggle with motivation and i definatly need someone to help keep me going. Feel free to add me as a friend! We're all in this together!!