Stating P90X

Options
I mean Starting P90X! I must need food! lol HI everyone, I am getting ready to stat p90x in the morning and was wondering if one has gone through the program and has any tips for a newbie! Thanks

Replies

• dreweth
    dreweth Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I mean Starting P90X! I must need food! lol HI everyone, I am getting ready to stat p90x in the morning and was wondering if one has gone through the program and has any tips for a newbie! Thanks

Hi! There are some serious P90X experts (or P90Xperts, I guess) on this site. I am not one of them. I am a rank and failing (or flailing) amateur at P90X, but I try hard and mean well.

Having gotten to day 80 last October, I restarted in January and just hit day 32. The keys for me are to modify the moves, and never stop a workout unless I absolutely have to due to pain or sickness. The key is to keep moving and to try your best. Do some reps for each exercise even if it is not easy, or you are not good at them.

Buy a heartrate monitor. During some of the exercises like Plyometrics, I would slow down because I felt tired and my heart was beating fast. When I bought a heartrate monitor, I could see that what I thought 'was working too hard' was just barely being in the zone, and it helped my performance a lot.

Do the yoga and stretching discs, they really help.

Have fun!