Kid friendly - Mommy approved recipes, please! :-)

Options
I'm looking for some kid-friendly, mommy approved (easy to make, cost efficient & of course healthy) recipes, please. I have a 2, 3 & 7 year old, who are far from picky....thank goodness! :-).

I've been making the recipes from skinnytaste.com - yummy! But, can only rollatini so many times! Lol! Joking aside, I do really enjoy that site, just looking for your tried&trued!

Please share any of your go-to recipes!

Thank you, thank you & thank you!!!!!

Replies

• Kalynx
    Kalynx Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    I love my new found homemade mac & cheese. Its probably not cheaper than the processed kind you buy in a box, but much healthier..You can use low fat cheese and margerine if you prefer.

I personally used 1 cup of cheese, not 1/2 cup, and 3 tsp of salt free butter. Did have to add a tiny bit of salt to taste - but so much lower in sodium than store bought! (one serving of kraft mac & cheese is 580 mg of sodium!!)

Servings: 4
    Ingredients
    2 cups noodles, (any shape you want)
    2 to 3 cups boiling water
    1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese
    1 teaspoon margarine or salt free butter
    1/4 teaspoon dried mustard

Directions
    1. Boil water, add noodles, cook about 5-7 minutes till tender.
    2. Drain.
    3. While still very hot, sprinkle with cheese, stir in butter and mustard.
  • amberinco
    Options
    We have what I like to call Bento meals here.

Have you heard of Bento boxes? If not, they're simply just lunchboxes with compartments. They make it easier to house healthier foods and they're better for the environment.

That being said, it's just my son and I so I don't do a lot of cooking. Between him being special needs (and having several appoinments for that), his sports and me being a student, I don't like to spend a ton of time cooking.

So most nights we have Bento dinners. They're great for portion control and help make it easy to see how colorful your plate is.

Best of all, my kiddo (he's 7) can help make them.

So last night we had melon, left over chicken (from a chicken bake I did), corn and a WhoNu oreo type cookie (that was dessert).

Sorry no recipes, but my kid LOVES eating like this. My friends call it bird eating. I just like that it's something we make together and can enjoy together!
  • Janda06
    Janda06 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    From skinnytaste my kids will eat healthy baked chicken nuggets,rollatini with prosciutto, meatloaf cupcakes with mashed potato frosting,turkey chili taco soup (over chips and added cheese) and all of her baked goods!

Can you stay for dinner.com- meatloaf burgers,petite turkey lasagnas,Parmesan roasted potatoes

Allrecipes.com Greek turkey burgers(no olives)
    food.com- Americas Test Kitchen beef tacos (this is a thicker recipe...almost like sloppy joes)

There favorite is breakfast for dinner!!