Fitocracy opinions?

Options
Hiya,

Has anyone tried this? What did you think?

Cheers
Ashleigh

Replies

• JennieAL
    JennieAL Posts: 1,726 Member
    Options
    I'm trying it out. I really like the badges, levels and the whole gaming type concept. Also love all the choices of exercises!!! I wish MFP had them! Plus... It seems like there are more hardcore bodybuilder types there or at least people who aren't afraid to lift. Not so much the place for Barbie weights and aerobics chicks.

I'm JennieKillough on Fitocracy, btw.
  • AshinAms
    AshinAms Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I can't seem to get an invite yet! I have another friend who is on it too, and I'm so curious!
  • JennieAL
    Options
    I'll add you on here and see if I can message you an invite :)
  • GroovyGma73
    Options
    if you go on the fitocracy facebook page there are free codes there to get you in, it worked for me
  • Nopedotjpeg
    Nopedotjpeg Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    It's fun, though they got rid of the gradual lifting "Gorilla" quests, which made me sad. :(
  • Barneystinson
    Barneystinson Posts: 1,357 Member
    Options
    I love it :) I think I may still have invites, too.

Level 24!!!
  • AshinAms
    AshinAms Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I got an invite and set up an account. AshinAms. Going to the gym now and will take a look at it when I get back - looks fun! Feel free to add me.
  • GroovyGma73
    Options
    Feel free to add me also same username as here
  • caroline_g
    caroline_g Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure whether I like it. Well, I don't dislike it, it's good but it just seems to take a while to put things in. Like I just did a Kettleworx workout and on here I just put it as cardio and input the calories from my HRM but on there you have to find the specific exercise, you can't create your own. Not sure I'll keep up with it, I log everything on here so seems pointless me logging it twice. Would be good if MFP had the quests, badges, points etc though
  • Insinr8r
    Options
    I have the runkeeper app on my phone which logs my exercise information which you can link to your fitocracy page. No entering any detail as it is sitting there when you log on. You must have a runkeeper account in order for it to work. I hope I have made sense.:ohwell:
  • Barneystinson
    Barneystinson Posts: 1,357 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure whether I like it. Well, I don't dislike it, it's good but it just seems to take a while to put things in. Like I just did a Kettleworx workout and on here I just put it as cardio and input the calories from my HRM but on there you have to find the specific exercise, you can't create your own. Not sure I'll keep up with it, I log everything on here so seems pointless me logging it twice. Would be good if MFP had the quests, badges, points etc though

It's definitely skewed to rewarding for specific lifts, running, cycling, sports, swimming, etc.
  • kelso021
    kelso021 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I've just joined, feel free to add me! kelso021
  • JennieAL
    Options
    I've just linked my Runkeeper to Fitocracy, so it saves time there. It automatically uploads my walks/runs (which are my cardio on non weight lifting days) and so all I enter now are my lifting workouts. LOVE Fitocracy... I also join the different groups I'm interested in and have learned a lot just by reading others people's status updates in these groups. The more i use it, the more I'm starting to see what a wealth of info is actually here... and haven't even begun to tap into their forum yet. I took a look at the forum threads and sections yesterday, looks like it's going to be good!
  • JennieAL
    Options
    I've just joined, feel free to add me! kelso021

I'll add you. I'm JennieKillough if anyone wants to add me.