Here goes! - Male, 24, UK

Options
Hey, I’m Rick, from Lancashire UK, aged 24.

I've said I'll do something about my weight for so long and now I've finally done it. I stumbled across the iPhone app this time last week and I’ve worked hard over the last seven days.

I’ve been on target or slightly under for six of the days, but crashed slightly yesterday. I’ve tried to make up for it today and it’s been my best day yet!

My first week has been very successful, I’ve done what I’ve never done before – got really into something to the point where I want to stick with it!

I’ve come to the conclusion that carbs and my job are my downfall. I can’t be very active at work, so I’m doing my best to get out of the office at lunchtime for a walk and make sure I do some form of exercise each evening.

For the carbs… I really need to work at that. I’ve become a little too conscious about counting the calories and not conscious enough about what actually makes up my daily calorie intake.

Let’s do this! Feel free to add =)

Replies

• blue19872
    Options
    Hello Rick!

I'm Blue! I'm 24 and from the USA.

I discovered myfitnesspal.com the same way you did, through the iphone app a year ago!

Add me, I would love to get to know you!
  • rickydoodle
    Options
    I've added you. The app is absolutely great. I'm never anywhere without my phone so it's perfect for me.
  • yvonnej1
    yvonnej1 Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    Welcome Rick, I'm lurking down in Surrey. I've found mfp great and am sticking with it despite reaching my goal weight as it's helping me maintain and work on new fitness goals. I wish you luck in reaching your goals, I'm sure you will meet many great people on here as I have, feel free to add me if you'd like.
  • stephm112
    stephm112 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Hiya luvvy

I'm Steph, also 24 from London. Totally addicted to mfp after a friend recommended it back in May. I don't just calorie count I do my own diet plan kind of thing. Try not to eat anything with more than 5g of fat per 100g and no bread, pasta, potatoes or rice with dinner. Now I've lost 50lbs I'm not so strict and will treat myself here and there but I still have about 20lbs to lose, my goal is 170lbs as I'd like to keep my curves and that would put me just in the healthy bmi range.

AAAANYWAY I'm totally rambling *waves*

Will add you and give you some motivation when you're having crap days (we all have them and I expect a "you can do it" back)!
  • smiler1974
    Options
    Hi Rick,
    Like you I have found the app and love it. Always use it which helps me to keep check on myself and my eating intake. Wish you all the best on your journey and anyone can feel free to add me as a friend.
  • craig1970
    craig1970 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Hey Rick,

I'm Craig from Essex, UK. I've been on the App for a year and lost 60lbs.
    My advice; keep logging, even if you go over cals.
    Add me if you like, I try to be very supportive to my MFP friends.
    All the best.
  • hesgro2
    hesgro2 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Hi Rick! My name is Heather; I'm 28 from the US. I also recently joined the FMP community. I was introduced to the app (by some of the girls at the gym) about a month ago after I decided I had to do something about my weight.

Like you, I also feel that stress from work, and the sedentary nature of my job, as well as carbs are my biggest challenges. I started going to the gym during my "lunch" break and now I just eat at my desk while I'm working. So, I feel I've started breaking up the sedentary part, but I'm still struggling with the carb/fat part. Cookies, ice cream, and all things bad for you just seem to taste so delicious! :) I am also going to have to start watching the components of the calories, as there is a HUGE difference between 120 calories from cookies and 120 calories from fruits and veggies.

Feel free to add my as a friend. We can struggle through together! :)
  • LisaCFSF
    LisaCFSF Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Hi Rick! I'm a wee bit older than you, lol, but I love your spirited, spunky attitude & I love roller coasters too although I don't get to travel as much as I'd like in general! I think you're determined & that's the majority of the battle! Add me if you like and I'll be here to cheer you on! Good Luck!
  • rickydoodle
    Options
    Thanks for the very warm welcome folks, this is exactly what everyone needs to succeed!