vodka

Options
oh my chicken thigh.....did anyone know that 8fl oz of vodka has over 500calories??? o_0...I did so badly yesterday...i didnt eat all day then I drank all night...and then ate a sandwich late late late.....but i plan on doing 100% better today :):happy:

230130.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Replies

• kpnuts23
    kpnuts23 Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    mmmm Vodka!! My fave drink on a night out mixed with Diet Coke! Yumo!! And i dont get a stinking hangover!! :laugh:

LOTS OF WATER!! :flowerforyou:
  • hasiangirl
    hasiangirl Posts: 1,613
    Options
    vodka is soooooooooo yummy....i liked it with diet coke up until i drank too much and well had a bad experience with it lol...so now i drink it with low cal monster....and is delicious but my god theres sooooo many calories in vodka :grumble: why cant it just have none?...it looks like water lol:laugh:
  • xXmimiXx
    xXmimiXx Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Replace it with gin and slimline it's less than 60 cals a pop!
  • Cherrystargirl
    Options
    OMG I had NO idea!!! Who would have thought it could be so bad! I hate gin, whisky and brandy so what other low calorie alcoholic options are there???

EEK!!! :drinker: :noway: :drinker:
  • hasiangirl
    Options
    OMG I had NO idea!!! Who would have thought it could be so bad! I hate gin, whisky and brandy so what other low calorie alcoholic options are there???

EEK!!! :drinker: :noway: :drinker:
    lol i had no idea either otherwise that wouldnt have been my choice of drink last night:blushing: ....i logged it in today and was like crap...i ate an entire meal in drinks hahaha.....i guess someone just said gin was low in cals...but im not a gin lover =/
  • JoyousMaximus
    JoyousMaximus Posts: 9,285 Member
    Options
    Generally, the lower the calories the lower the proof (alcohol content). That's why MGD 64 is only about 2.4% because alcohol has 7 calories a gram compared to the 4 calories in carbohydrates.
    So if you are trying to get slightly toasted stick to the higher proof because you'll just end up drinking even more. :tongue:
  • lolo7224
    lolo7224 Posts: 6
    Options
    I usually drink vodka with soda water and lemon. No carbs...just have to watch the number for calories. One ounce of vodka has 69 calories. I checked the smirnoff site because I almost died when I read this post! ha ha ha ha.
  • moujie
    moujie Posts: 229
    Options
    also keep in mind that mixing with diet soda can make the alcohol more potent:

"Australian scientists compared the rate of absorption for sugar-sweetened alcoholic drinks to artificially-sweetened drinks (like vodka and coke versus vodka and diet coke, for example). They found that artificial sweeteners led to a higher rate of alcohol absorption by the body, meaning that drinkers felt the effects of the alcohol more quickly and more strongly than those who used sugar-sweetened mixers. Drinkers who had "diet" mixers had a greater concentration of alcohol in their bloodstream and would feel more drink, even if they had consumed the same amount of alcohol with a sweetened mixer.

Scientists worry about people's health because of this finding. When the mixers used to make drinks are "diet," people tend to drink more because they know that the calorie count is lower. When drinking, it is better to try to keep track of how you're feeling than simply the number of drinks you've had. And if you want to watch calories, try following every drink with a large glass of water. It's calorie free and will probably have you feeling much better in the morning. "
  • JoyousMaximus
    Options
    also keep in mind that mixing with diet soda can make the alcohol more potent:

"Australian scientists compared the rate of absorption for sugar-sweetened alcoholic drinks to artificially-sweetened drinks (like vodka and coke versus vodka and diet coke, for example). They found that artificial sweeteners led to a higher rate of alcohol absorption by the body, meaning that drinkers felt the effects of the alcohol more quickly and more strongly than those who used sugar-sweetened mixers. Drinkers who had "diet" mixers had a greater concentration of alcohol in their bloodstream and would feel more drink, even if they had consumed the same amount of alcohol with a sweetened mixer.

Scientists worry about people's health because of this finding. When the mixers used to make drinks are "diet," people tend to drink more because they know that the calorie count is lower. When drinking, it is better to try to keep track of how you're feeling than simply the number of drinks you've had. And if you want to watch calories, try following every drink with a large glass of water. It's calorie free and will probably have you feeling much better in the morning. "

This why, on the rare occasions that I do drink, I mix with diet. I get my buzz with less alcohol.:tongue:
  • Flyright
    Flyright Posts: 36
    Options
    : ....i logged it in today and was like crap...i ate an entire meal in drinks hahaha

At least you didn't drink a whole days worth of calories !
    :smokin:
  • hasiangirl
    Options
    I usually drink vodka with soda water and lemon. No carbs...just have to watch the number for calories. One ounce of vodka has 69 calories. I checked the smirnoff site because I almost died when I read this post! ha ha ha ha.
    lol i had 8 servings of it :embarassed:
  • Melroxsox
    Melroxsox Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    500 CALORIESSSSSSSSSSS???????????????? WOW!!!!!!!! That is ridiculous! That will make me think twice before the next Vodka/Cranberry.........lol
  • CaGinger
    CaGinger Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Had 2 mikes hard pomegranate punches and it was 440 cals total. Was super shocked. :grumble:
  • JoyousMaximus
    Options
    Had 2 mikes hard pomegranate punches and it was 440 cals total. Was super shocked. :grumble:

They are LOADED with sugar! I'm really not suprise that I dropped more than 10lbs when I stopped drinking for the most part. I use to kill 6-7 beers 5-6 times a week. That's about 3500 calories/week. One pound a week in BEER!:sick:
  • Water•Baby
    Options
    Something else to consider ... There is considerable research that shows that drinking more than 2 servings of alcohol (that's 2 ounces folks!) in 2 hours slows your metabolism by 50%. So you if binge drink and then snack, you're at least doubling your calories. Even if you DON"T eat after a few drinks, your body still burns far fewer calories.

As much as I love my vodka/Fresca, alcohol really doesn't help with the weight loss goals. I know ... depressing, isn't it?