Protein Shakes that don't taste like utter c**p?

Options
Okay so am wanting to try a new protein shake but am quite scared as the last one I had (Natures Way) was absolutely terrible..
Help?

Replies

• SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    Xtreme Formulations Lemon Cream Pie <
    omg yum!

And I do like optimum nutrition chocolate mint flavor a lot
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    I'm a big fan of the ISO 100 series of hydrolyzed whey. The gourmet vanilla and cookies n' cream flavors are great.
  • gsager
    gsager Posts: 977 Member
    Options
    Optimum Nutrition gold standard, chocolate coconut and vanilla ice cream. Always mix with fat free milk. Water sucks.
  • Dexy_
    Dexy_ Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    Aussie Bodies Lo Carb Chocolate is AWESOME. Coles & Woolies stock it here, it tastes great & I HATE the taste of most protein shakes (and I've tried a lot of them).
  • warmachinejt
    warmachinejt Posts: 2,167 Member
    Options
    muscle & strength isofuel, I have tried dymatize, optimum nutrition, MGN, scivation, EAS, muscle milk and others...
    trust me go to the website of muscle and strength and buy the isofuel...probably coconut or chocolate mint
    its like drinking ice cream
  • glais
    glais Posts: 5
    Options
    I have recently gone Vegan and I really love SPIRU-TEIN protein shakes. They are gluten-free and non-GMO which is great! They also come in 20 flavors - fruit, cappuccino, chai latte, chocolate peanut-butter swirl (which I am currently drinking because my non-vegan husband LOVES them), and Simply Natural (which lets you add your own sweetener - chocolate AND fruit flavors). You may add soy milk, reg milk, rice milk, coconut milk, almond milk, goat milk, water, juice, a combination of the former, or anything else you want like coffee or tea, etc.... It is available through most Health Food and Natural Foods stores, Amazon.com, and have their own website http://www.spiru-tein.com/
  • fiberartist219
    fiberartist219 Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    When I first tried Body Fortress chocolate whey protein powder, I thought it tasted like snot.

If I mix some extra Hershey's Cocoa baking chocolate powder it tastes a lot better. The cocoa powder in the baking aisle doesn't have sugar or fats mixed in. It makes the shake taste a lot more like a dessert without adding extra calories and junk.
  • kayleen_longworth
    kayleen_longworth Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I tried Sun Warrior Protein Powder vanilla flavor today first time. I blended it with 10oz skim milk, 6 strawberries and 5 drops liquid stevia sweetenter. I thought it tasted pretty good. My 4yo tried it and thought it was okay. I thought it was good enough to go buy the large bag.
  • Pohudet
    Pohudet Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    A couple of years ago i tried several individual packages for making protein shakes from whole foods. I tasted only those which were low in carbs. I did not like any of them except for one which was vanilla flavor and had a sunflower, big, on the package. That one was rather yammy.
  • Monda
    Monda Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I use Syntrax Nectar Sweets .... they are really good. The Chocolate Truffle is my favorite. I buy the grab n go packs! Awesome!
  • spinqueen72
    spinqueen72 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    www.dymatize.com

I use either the Elite Whey Protein (chocolate is the best)...the Elite Gourmet XT (rich vanilla tastes like cake batter, yumm)..or the Elite Gourmet Whey/Casein blend (rich vanilla)
    There are other flavors...and they are all Gluten Free....and easily digestible!!
  • jskaggs1971
    jskaggs1971 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    I like unflavored whey protein, just because I can then tweak the flavor to whatever I personally like. I use Natural Grocer unflavored New Zealand Whey.

Favorites include:

8 oz unsweetened vanilla almond milk, 1 scoop whey powder, 1 frozen banana, 1/2 C blueberries. Blend, add ice to make 24 Oz volume, and enjoy.

8 Oz unsweetened vanilla almond milk, 1 scoop whey, 1 frozen banana, 2 tbsp peanut butter, Ice.

8 Oz 2% milk, 1 scoop whey powder, 2 double shots of espresso, blend with ice and sweetener to taste.
  • maddymama
    maddymama Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    For protein and yummy taste- Jay Robb. Absolutely yummy.....

For nutrition, Vega Whole Food Health Optimizer, but they've recently changed their formulation and the name. Haven't tried the new product yet. Tastes yucky, but I feel GREAT while taking it. I have to add fruit and cinnamon to that one to make it palatable.
  • reddi2roll
    reddi2roll Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    I love Shaklee Energizing Soy Protein mixed with OJ. Yumm.
  • patricknsmith
    patricknsmith Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Vectron chocolate powder tastes just like nesquick. BSN Lean Dessert, they have many flavors and they are delicious. I'm using Chocolate Coconut Candy Bar Lean Dessert, and it tastes like you're drinking a mounds or almond joy.
  • azure7
    azure7 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I like my protein powder without all the scary junk added...so I get Natural Factors Whey Factors (double chocolate flavor) at Whole Foods. It uses stevia as a sweetener, it is BSE and rGBH free, and it runs about $1 per scoop. Yum :)
  • chaoticxinsane
    Options
    I've yet to find a pre-mixed one that doesn't taste like spoiled milk mixed with chalk, I swear.

My mom makes an AWESOME home blended one though. Just a scoop of the Body Fortress vanilla or strawberry powder, one cup of unsweetened frozen berries of whatever variety, and one cup of milk (she uses almond milk). Perfect, filling, sweet tasty smoothie.
  • chu604
    chu604 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Myofusion is good
    Bio X is good

Don't buy your protein from wal-mart or somewhere ike that . go into a nutrition store and ask to test it first
    Most of the time (if they are good sales people) they will let you try it out.
  • scemmett
    Options
    Isagenix ... thick and yummy. Mix with water and ice ... fruit and/or spinach.
  • rachleb
    rachleb Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I don't drink them often, but yesterday I made one with the Dymatize Rich Chocolate Whey Protein Isolate and mixed it with half a banana, 1 cup of NF milk, ice, and 1 TB of PB2. It was so delicious!!!