People who have done the 30 Day Shred!!

Options
Cobb_66
Cobb_66 Posts: 65 Member
I there! I'm only on day 2 of Jillian Micheals' 30 Day Shred and I'm loving it!
I just had a few questions to anyone who has already completed this challenge (well, to me it's a challenge!). In about 20 days I'm going to head up to see my boyfriend and won't have time to continue doing it for 2 to 3 days. I was planning on making it up by just starting where I left off when I returned. Is this going to affect my results at all?
Secondly, I have an event coming up around day 10 of this routine. It's not super important that I look fantastic (that's certainly not why I'm doing it), but I'd like to know - anyone find there to be a difference by day 10? If possible does anyone have pictures of these results??
Thanks so much!! I'm so excited to finally kick this negative body image in the butt!

Replies

• Cobb_66
    Options
    Anyone? ):
  • ic20blue
    ic20blue Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    There are a lot of threads with this topic http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/463517-30-day-shred here's one!
  • esperluette
    Options
    Obviously, any routine is different for everyone, and for me personally I was noticing a difference around day 10. My pants were less tight and my endurance was better, but nothing mind-blowing. I actually stopped for almost 2 weeks after reaching day 20ish due to my big grad school entrance exam and a trip to see my boyfriend as well, but by that time I changed changed my eating habits/metabolism and had been working hard before so I didn't yo-yo back. I just started again last week with level 3 and I'm seeing more differences now. Hope that helps.
  • MissJay75
    MissJay75 Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    You should be able to pick up right where you left off if you only take 2-3 days off. You may spend an extra day on that level before you are ready to move up, you may not - it kind of depends on your body, but no big deal. When I started the 30DS I didn't really have it in my mind that I'd be done in a month. I'm not rushing to the next level, I am increasing my ability to do the higher impact moves and use heavier weights. When I get to level 3, I'll probably hang out there for at least 2 months, alternating with workouts from Your Shape Fitness for the Kinnect. As I get stronger I want work my way up to being able to do each level 2 times in a row.
  • LorahJo
    LorahJo Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/470689-30-ds-day-20-update-with-pics

heres my days 1-10 and 1- 20 results
    i loveddd the shred and wanna do another round :) on ripped in 30 at the mo. keep it up and maybe use those couple of days as a rest day and do them when u get back so u do full 10 of each level x
  • lin7604
    lin7604 Posts: 3,019 Member
    Options
    i didn't get great results from this at all, i was kinda bummed. I lost no lbs and only 1 inch off my waist and 2 of my belly and hips. that was it. i am re doing it again to see if i can at least get those results again if not i have no idea what i will move on to next? ripped in 30? not sure.
  • Cobb_66
    Options
    Thanks everyone!!
    And wow!! Lorahjo! Those are amazing results!! This tells me I really have to keep going with this (:
  • esperluette
    Options
    i didn't get great results from this at all, i was kinda bummed. I lost no lbs and only 1 inch off my waist and 2 of my belly and hips. that was it. i am re doing it again to see if i can at least get those results again if not i have no idea what i will move on to next? ripped in 30? not sure.

Maybe you can try it again with a heavier set of weights? And combine that with doing the unmodified moves (follow Natalie) for every single part? I'm at level 3 and I have to switch to following Anita sometimes, but I can tell that the 3lb weights are too light for me now.
  • littlemegzz
    littlemegzz Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I'm currently on day 15. I havent noticed any change in my size, but I'm still losing weight slowly. For the first 9 days I didnt have real weights, so I was using 600mL bottles of water - which were too light for all bar the last move, and then books - which were awkwark to use.

I got a weight set last week and then moved onto level two. I'm getting a much bigger workout because of the increased level and weights. the lowest weight I can set it to is 2.5kg (5.5lbs), which is kindof too heavy for some of the exercises, but I push as hard as I can.

I really hope I will be able to notice a difference at the end of the 30DS, but I'm not getting my hopes up at the moment. I know I'm getting stronger though, and I am loving the challenge of doing it every day. My sister is doing it with me too.
  • lin7604
    lin7604 Posts: 3,019 Member
    Options

Maybe you can try it again with a heavier set of weights? And combine that with doing the unmodified moves (follow Natalie) for every single part? I'm at level 3 and I have to switch to following Anita sometimes, but I can tell that the 3lb weights are too light for me now.

i do the unmodified moves except when it comes to push ups,lol.. and 2 lunge exercises as i have a bad knee... I am on my second time around with this dvd and i do agree that i should up it to 5 lbs weights. i will get some this week but so far 2 weeks into the dvd again and no inches lost yet at all and i have put on 1 lb :(
  • LindsayLL30
    LindsayLL30 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I want to get and start this this week!! Any advice???
  • Cobb_66
    Options

Holy Cow!! You look amazing!! Here's hoping to similar results for me, and for everyone!!
    Do you know how much you lost (weight and inches?)
  • Werglum
    Werglum Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    I just finished today! Total weight was 2.7kg (which is 5.9lbs) and I lost 36cm (14.2 inches). The biggest change was my waist which lost 10cm (3.9 inches)!
  • Cobb_66
    Options
    I just finished today! Total weight was 2.7kg (which is 5.9lbs) and I lost 36cm (14.2 inches). The biggest change was my waist which lost 10cm (3.9 inches)!

Wow!! It is safe to say after seeing your finished results that I am intensely jealous of you!!! (In a good way haha!) Thank you so much for the amazing inspiration!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!