Vibrams vibrams vibrams!!!

Options
Today, I got a pair of vibrams. I was SO excited to find them at REI and I got a pink and black laced pair!!!

Do YOU have vibrams? How do you like them? Do you go running in them? What about hiking, biking, to work?

Replies

• ruffalicious
    ruffalicious Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    i am going to get one ;) my husband have 3 pairs lol... i want either pink or green running one =p
  • Chubacca007
    Options
    I've had the KSO's for about 2 years now. I do all my workouts in them now.

One suggestion I have is, don't run as long in them as you normally would, with regular shoes, when you first start wearing them. You need to slowly build up your calf muscles first.
  • scottb81
    scottb81 Posts: 2,538 Member
    Options
    I ran 100 miles in Vibrams last week. Be careful when starting out in them. Your calves and Achilles tendons need to lengthen and strengthen and the bones, muscles, and tendons in your feet need to build up. It takes some time but eventually you will be able to do whatever you want in them.
  • Heaven71
    Heaven71 Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    I just got my pair from REI and I LOVE them, I am in recovery from overuse so I can't run until I heal anyway but I am going to wear these baby's everywhere.
  • gdunn55
    gdunn55 Posts: 363
    Options
    Both Chubacca007 and scottb81 are right. You have to work into them. It takes time just don't get discouraged and overdo it. When you feel pain, swap shoes.
  • amuhlou
    amuhlou Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    I haven't worn mine recently but I love them!

They were especially awesome on a recent vacation. We wore them in lieu of fins for snorkeling, hiked 3 miles in them, and generally just used them as foot protection on the beach.

You do have to take it slow at first. Our running store said to just wear them around the house a few hours a day at first and then to gradually add more activity to break them in.