Newbie looking for new friends single moms with little ones

Options
Hi I'm brand new to this site. I want to find some folks like me who are single moms to younger ones. Having such a hectic lifestyle can make it hard to keep track of what I eat when I eat and where I eat it from. Not to mention exercising. Is anyone out there in my shoes? Any tips? They will be much appreciated.:smile:

Replies

• Aerohead21
    Aerohead21 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    My son is 2 and my suggestion is find a way to incorporate you kid(s) in somehow - in the cooking, the exercising, etc. mine is too young to help cook but he is a good weight for me to bench press with :) and he loves to count the reps with me! Now that the weather seems to be getting nicer take them on walks with you and go play in the park. They don't know it's exercise and you are encouraging them to engage in healthy activities :)

Feel free to add me if you want!
  • iluvmuddyjeeps
    Options
    girl, i am in the same boat. i try to involve my son into my work outs at all times possible. after school we walk the dogs together, he's 6 so sometimes thats boring but i've started letting him ride his bike. he plays t-ball on the summer league so i take him to practice even on the days it's not already scheduled. we live upstairs so i've got an advantage since we go up and down them all the time. sometimes i'll carry him up them just for the extra work out....lol i've also found that carrying a little note pad around with me helps, so i can quickly jot down what i eat and then at night log everything in. good luck and if i come up with any other suggestions or ideas i'll let you know.
  • ArtsyLaurie
    ArtsyLaurie Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Kinda-single (just back with highschool sweetheart) mom here. Kids are 3 (son) and 1 (daughter).

I'm trying to start doing yoga once a week. Walking carrying an infant IS listed in cardio exercises :-) and playing with them at the playground likely counts too.

Good luck!
  • bobbieflorey
    Options
    I have a 17 month old- he does the Power 90 workouts and Zumba with me! :) He loves it! And he just eats healthy right along with me, and loves the veggies and good food! Be strong!
  • LylaFaii
    Options
    Yup, single mom to a three year old devil!

Add me if you like.