Protein Shakes that don't taste like utter c**p?

Options

Replies

• chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    I'm very picky about taste and texture of protein shakes. I can not stand stand it if it takes like I'm drinking flavored sand!

My favorites:

Muscle Milk

Dynamtize (sp?)

Gaspari Myofusion

Syntha 6

Optimum Nutrition
  • AZKristi
    AZKristi Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    I buy premier nutrition protein shakes at Costco and they are actually pretty good.

I don't like how unnaturally smooth the liquid is so if I am at home, I give it a quick whirl with the immersion blender to make it a bit frothier. I've thought about getting a blender bottle for when I want to have one out and about, but just haven't done it yet.
  • Mills187
    Mills187 Posts: 171
    Options
    Gaspari Myofusion probiotic Whey its amazing I love the strawberry flavor but they are all good and they really work great with your digestive system being probiotic... let me know if you want more info
  • Mills187
    Mills187 Posts: 171
    Options
    Myofusion is good
    Bio X is good

Don't buy your protein from wal-mart or somewhere ike that . go into a nutrition store and ask to test it first
    Most of the time (if they are good sales people) they will let you try it out.

heck yeah bro LOVE myofusion so good their new probiotic formula is amazing dude!

and hes right dont buy a cheapo brand they are disgusting I personally am not a fan of GNC either check out

www.bodybuilding.com real cheap!
  • chrymyrs
    Options
    Arbonne has an awesome protein shake. And you can mix berries with them....yummy! They also have a line of health and wellness products, all are vegan certified.

www.cherylmyers.myarbonne.com
  • seansquared
    seansquared Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Optimum Nutrition's "Turbo Chocolate". Great mixed with water. Probably still great mixed with milk (I just don't use that personally).

I put one serving in an overpowered blender along with two tablespoons of natural peanut butter and one cup of ice and make ice cream out of it.

...and it's amazing.
  • bobbieflorey
    Options
    I use chocolate flavored shakeology! LOVE it!
  • ibshell
    ibshell Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    My brother who is a fitness professional says that if you can't drink the protien shake with water, it isn't good quality. I have found this to be rather true. Just a thought ;)
  • ibshell
    ibshell Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    where do you get that?!
  • pantherxiii
    Options
    You honestly can't go wrong with Myofusion or Optimum nutrition, I switch em up when i get bored of one.
    For myofusion - mix banana perfection with milk chocolate
    Optimum nutrition - Extreme milk chocolate
    I use 2 scoops each morning 6 oz skim milk 6 oz water seems to be a good ratio.
  • ichagirl
    ichagirl Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I was just going to come on here and post that I love the spirutein! Its the only one I've ever tried that was delicious. Especially if the milk is ICE cold!
  • SmashleeWpg
    SmashleeWpg Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    All of the Syntha 6 flavors are DELICIOUS! I mean really, does it get better than peanut butter flavor with a banana, some milk, and a dash of cocoa in your oatmeal or as a smoothie??? Droooooool.
  • SmashleeWpg
    SmashleeWpg Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Arbonne has an awesome protein shake. And you can mix berries with them....yummy! They also have a line of health and wellness products, all are vegan certified.

www.cherylmyers.myarbonne.com

Doesn't Arbonne sell cosmetics??
  • PimpinRice
    PimpinRice Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Bodyfortress or any whey protein that has vanilla or chocolate flavor? where you live you can't find those?
  • delilah47
    delilah47 Posts: 1,658
    Options
    protein shakes.. kak! :sick:
    never found one i could drink all down.. mostly consistency problems
  • fabulousby45
    Options
    Bump...looking into this too!
  • stevemcqueengirl
    stevemcqueengirl Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Try LisaLynn mix you can go to lisalynnfitness.com or you can buy a buy brand called Pure Protien mix. The Lisa Lynn shake is pretty spendy but it is good. I add either blue berries or strawberries to my shake. The Pure Protein mix is not that expensive.

If you like coffee, then see my receipe below for yummy but low-cal Cafe Mocha Shake.

Cafe Mocha Protein Shake Recipe:
    Chocolate Protein mix ( follow serving direction from label)
    4 ounces of cold coffee (you can add more coffee depending to your liking - I usually put in 6 ounces from coffee brewed)
    3 to 4 ounces of water ( you can add less to make the coffee taste stronger, I usually put in 2 ounces)
    Now Blend for 30 to 40 seconds
    Then add 3 to 5 ice cubes
    Blend Again for about 30 to 40 seconds
    Enjoy! :-)

About 150 calories with 2 grams of fat - depending on the type of protein mix you use
  • froeschli
    froeschli Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    First one I bought was ISO ENERGY chocolate. It tastes ok, but you really need a blender for it to dissolve properly. And once I get the blender out, I usually add stuff like, benefibre, cocoa powder, strawberries, greek yogurt, and milk, definitely milk.

Don't think you're stuck with what you've got, there are always ways to make it tastier.
  • thankyou4thevenom
    thankyou4thevenom Posts: 1,581 Member
    Options
    I have not found one that does taste good. I now tend to mix mine with a meal replacement shake.
  • rob_v
    rob_v Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Body Fortress - Super Advanced Whey Protein - Vanilla
    1 Banana
    1 tsp of Peanut Butter
    1 Cup Vanilla Soy milk
    1 Cup Ice
    Blend - then drink the party in your mouth ;)