Over 60 people out there?

Options
Frustrating slow, at 1200 calories, moderate exercise, experimenting with eating most of calories during the day, every 2-3 hours. Have no problem staying at 1200 but not much success and should not go lower. Work life is fairly sedentary, and exercise is being re-started after 4 month break from physical issues. Any suggestions about food choices or combos would be welcome. I have about 20 lbs to lose. Thanks

Replies

• glais
    glais Posts: 5
    Options
    I am not 60 yet... 55, lol. but I would be happy to add you to my friends' list. I am a remarried widow in college (sr. year), work FT, and have other activities. I have 30-35 pounds to lose.
  • lamaemay
    lamaemay Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I am 66 year old grandma that needs to lose 20 - 25 lbs. I had lost 10 lbs with my sister as a pal but she dropped out and now have no one to work with.
  • janetBurk
    Options
    I'm way over 60 but still need to lose a bunch of weight. Have started back to Curves to exercise. Have a new puppy that I should walk with also. Need motivation--some sun would help.
  • Silverniki
    Silverniki Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm 65 and want to loose at least 35 lbs and then decide if I want to loose more. I'm struggling with arthritis and loosing weight will help I'm sure but it's such a struggle.
  • californiagirl1950
    californiagirl1950 Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    We have a group here 60yrs and over. Come join us.
  • luralane
    Options
    I'm 67 - have about 40 pounds to lose .. would love to have friends over 60 that I can identify with ....
  • LemonDiva
    Options
    Is that age, quantity of friends... or kilos????

I qualify on 2 counts!

LOL
  • _VoV
    _VoV Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    I'm 57, and also finding it slow going.

I have my calorie goal set at 1250, and am losing about 5 pounds a month. I have lost about 25 pounds since October, and have another 60+ to go. One thing that helps is eating lots of fiber in the form of fruits, veggies, beans and whole grains. It helps me feel full for a longer period of time.

The one thing I would say is the key to success is: Don't give up!
  • love22step
    love22step Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    I joined in August hoping to lose 40 lbs by the time I turned 60 (end of January). I didn't quite make it, but I'm close. I feel so much better, lighter on my feet, and I no longer cringe when I see my body in the mirror. My face is another story.... I just try to smile a lot and hope people don't notice the wrinkles. :wink:
  • lindalou4850
    lindalou4850 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Hi I am 61, I have lost 49 lbs. been here for a little over 1 yr. i have reached my goal now it is maintance.. i would be glad to have you as a friend.
  • BluegrassGuy
    Options
    I'm 55, is that close enough? :) I'd certainly welcome friend requests from folks around my age....
  • mustangbass
    mustangbass Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I'm 63. I lost 4 pounds the first week! I did step up my cardio though. I was surprised at how such small serving sizes had so many calories! A tablespoon of olive oil is 120 calories! I love cooking with olive oil but I'm now watching and MEASURING before cooking with it. It's more work measuring the serving size of different foods but it seems to be working for me. Let's fight the good fight!